The Student Room Group

What's the earliest you have ever walked out of an exam!

So guys me and a few mates were talking together about how some of our exams are way too long and that we found ourselves finished early and then for other exams were begging and pleading for a few extra minutes to finish off the paragraph we are working on.

For me it has to be one of my modules I did for I.C.T in January.. It's an hour and a half long exam. I had the paper finished in 45 minutes and spent fifteen minutes proof reading my work. Having concluded that there was nothing more I was going to find I left thirty minutes early and went to discuss the test with my class teacher and waited for everyone else to finish theirs. I think the rest of them came out about 10-15 minutes after me.

I ended up getting a B in this particular exam, but its harshly marked or so the HOD has told me so I'm petty pleased!

What about you guys? How long before the end of an exam have you walked out, and what did you end up getting?

Discuss

Scroll to see replies

half an hour before
Reply 2
I finished C1 in 25 minutes and got 100%
Reply 3
Not allowed to walk out.
Reply 4
The second it finished.

Are you even permitted to leave public exams early?

Edit: Why? You walk out after 45 minutes. You are allowed to come in up to an hour late (depending on the centre), so that's < 15 minutes of "what's on the paper" time.
Reply 5
Biology GCSE (so June 2007).

Was a 1 and a half hour paper and I'd finished and proof-read in 45 minutes, so was given permission by the invigilator to leave. I ended up getting an A*. :biggrin:
We're not allowed to walk out of our exams at my sixth form, no matter how early we finish. Not that I ever would leave earlier, to be honest, I only ever seem to have five minutes spare at the end anyway. English and humanities exams seem to be pretty tightly timed.
Reply 7
ive left an hour early in a 3 hour exam and got an A
I walked out of my Philosophy AS exam before it had even began . . . =S

I arrived at school and just thought to myself 'I can't do this!' and left. Haha.
Reply 9
Don John
I finished C1 in 25 minutes and got 100%

Damn, I thought my 35mins was a record! :frown:
Reply 10
jayshah31
The second it finished.

Are you even permitted to leave public exams early?

Edit: Why? You walk out after 45 minutes. You are allowed to come in up to an hour late (depending on the centre), so that's < 15 minutes of "what's on the paper" time.

Are you the jayshah from Wilsons?
maths modules - i have finished c1-c4, m1/m2/s1/d1/fp1 all within 30-45 minutes - finished C2 in about 25. But have to wait until 60 mins before you can leave - this is standard in maths though
ADREAM
Are you the jayshah from Wilsons?

If only ...

No, I'm not.
We're not allowed to walk out.
GCSE statistics was dire, it was a 2 1/2 hour paper (the longest any of us had ever sat) and it was a paper where you either knew the answer or you didn't, either way we had all finished in about an hour and had to just sit there...
Grade V Music Theory was great as I could walk out when I'd finished (about 40 minutes early I think)
Reply 14
Yes; not allowed to just walk on, moron.
Rather sit there till time's up!
Reply 15
In Standard Grade I used to finish the General papers in about 20 mins, 1hr 10 mins before time ended. Chemistry was a personal favourite, finished it in 17mins.
we weren't allowed to walk out of our exams, but i finished my maths GCSEs in half the time, then went through the whole paper and re-did every question :yep: i was proud, i got 99% overall and i did it a year early... if only i had carried on working at that pace, but meh :rolleyes:
Reply 17
jayshah31
If only ...

No, I'm not.

Haha - I knew you were! No point in denying it, buddy.
Reply 18
not allowed to walk out but I have finished and exam in an hour when i had 2 and a half and I still got an A
ADREAM
Haha - I knew you were! No point in denying it, buddy.

Oh damn, you got me.

Do you owe me any money, or other assets?

:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest