Turn on thread page Beta

East of Eden by John Steinbeck watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    What a book. I don't even like fiction books that much but this book was orgasmic and the story is totally believable (unlike the other shizzle about Eddie Cullen that is out there). It has be one of the greatest books I've ever read. All I'm saying is buy this book. I don't even know where to begin. It's amazing. :coma:

Anyone read it? Anyone like Johnny's work?

ReputationRep:
    i suprisingly loved this book-after years of having it on my bookshelf thinking it was going to be difficult and tedious. haha i was physically scared of cathy tho creepy **** so sadistic- i really wanted to find a human side but i couldnt find it i also think that the message of the play is contridictory as i thought the point was that you can choose who u want to be, it is not down to ur genetics yet cathy/kate just seemed pure evil. still really compelling. ooh i mite read it now :cool:

ReputationRep:
    ooh and i havent really read any of his other books apart from mice and men for gcse
    is it all as good?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna_The_Giant_Banana)
    ooh and i havent really read any of his other books apart from mice and men for gcse
    is it all as good?
    I haven't read all of them but I can tell you the Grapes of Wrath is just as orgasmic if not more orgasmic. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    hmm i lied ive read the first page of that book and got bored :/
    maybe i just wasnt in the right mind set or it was the complicated words which put me off

ReputationRep:
    hmm i lied ive read the first page of that book and got bored :/
    maybe i just wasnt in the right mind set or it was the complicated words which put me off
    What the hell are you on about? :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    I was contemplating the thought of reading it.......Is it any good?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hibz123)
    I was contemplating the thought of reading it.......Is it any good?
    It's very good. A very moving book. I'd say it's up there with Steinbeck's best books. :yep: A very elegant, poetic book and very thought-provoking. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mastermind`)
    It's very good. A very moving book. I'd say it's up there with Steinbeck's best books. :yep: A very elegant, poetic book and very thought-provoking. :cool:
    Your my book seeking source:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mastermind`)
    What the hell are you on about? :hmmm:
    welll..i found grapes of wrath difficult :redface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hibz123)
    Your my book seeking source:p:
    You're welcome. :top2:

welll..i found grapes of wrath difficult :redface:
    East of Eden is easier to get into. Trust me. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I read it after Of Mice and Men when I did my GCSEs. I'm not sure which I prefer, Of Mice and Men or East of Eden? Tough choice...

ReputationRep:
    I'm a massive fan of John Steinbeck. I've read both of Mice and Men and The Grapes of Wrath - definetly some of the best books I've ever read.

I must get East of Eden next. I am convinced I will enjoy it, judging over how much pleasure I got from reading his other books.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.