The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
PoisonRemedy321
Well, I like computing and programming and stuff, I've been doing it for a long while, I just think the A Level's a bit lame lol. We kinda learn stuff but none of us are any the wiser on how to use it, e.g. OOP, we just learnt what inheritance was and stuff, but we never even got to use it or see what its used for (luckily Ive already covered it myself). The coursework just makes me wanna kill myself lol, and the last module in June aswell.

If you study a computing related degree, the A-level computing stuff will be in a lot more detail obviously. In addition, you would learn about OOP and what it's use for or see what its used for. I'm still weak at programming though.

I'm not doing the A2 level of it, as I'm doing the AS level only, as you can see my signature. Nevertheless, I might do the A2 level in my gap year (although I got into uni for a deferred entry) for fun without doing the coursework, as CPT6 is a bit of a pain.
Reply 21
I'm meant to be finishing mine off now...190 pages and counting! Last year for mod 3 I did about 160 pages for full marks, but most of it was screendumps. Luckily I did all the exams in Jan, so all I have to do is get 70/120 for my A overall!
Reply 22
emma870
I'm meant to be finishing mine off now...190 pages and counting! Last year for mod 3 I did about 160 pages for full marks, but most of it was screendumps. Luckily I did all the exams in Jan, so all I have to do is get 70/120 for my A overall!

Congrats! I did AVCE ICT and for mod 3 I got full marks too, mine was almost 200 pages. Mine has a lot of screen dumps too especially in the testing and user guide. My testing section was the biggest along with the technical documentation.

What are you studying at university?
Reply 23
Just got my coursework back for Managing and Developing Websites. Got 92% and only did about 70 pages. Its not about how much you do, its about what you actually do. Making a short coursework, but with all the necessary stuff will probably impress the examiner as they won't have to read as much.
Reply 24
jumpunderaboat
why do you need full marks?

what did you get for AS/unit4or5?

Answer to question number 1) Look at my university offer :wink:

Answer to question 2) B at AS, but one coursework unit was marked down and i was 4 UMS marks from an A. I haven't completed unit 4 yet, i got a C in the unit 5 exam which i am resitting in the summer. :eek:
Reply 25
Chris87
Just got my coursework back for Managing and Developing Websites. Got 92% and only did about 70 pages. Its not about how much you do, its about what you actually do. Making a short coursework, but with all the necessary stuff will probably impress the examiner as they won't have to read as much.

I want to make it short, but some how I can't. lol. By the way, I have loads of screenshots and they are not big though.
My teacher today informed me I got 81/90 for my ICT6 project!

This means I have passed the A Level and I am on a C already, meaning the pressure is off for my final ICT5 exam, as I could fail and still come out with a C overall.

However considering I find ICT5 a LOT easier than ICT4, and in ICT4 I got 89/90, I don't anticipate any such problems!

Well happy all the effort paid off!
Reply 27
worried_mess
My teacher today informed me I got 81/90 for my ICT6 project!

This means I have passed the A Level and I am on a C already, meaning the pressure is off for my final ICT5 exam, as I could fail and still come out with a C overall.

However considering I find ICT5 a LOT easier than ICT4, and in ICT4 I got 89/90, I don't anticipate any such problems!

Well happy all the effort paid off!

Congrats on your ICT6 project. :smile:
Reply 28
trev
I want to make it short, but some how I can't. lol. By the way, I have loads of screenshots and they are not big though.

You don't need to take screenshots of your whole project usually. You just need a few examples so they can see what its like. About 10 pages from my website and a few screenshots in my documentation was all I did.
Reply 29
jumpunderaboat
Isn't ICT6 out of 120?

I think they mean the raw mark, and looking at past examiner reports 81/90 raw marks would be full 120 UMS.

For ICT3 I got 116/120 in just over 300 pages, this year mine is just under 400 about a third of which is full of testing with screen shots and annotation. I'm hoping to do as well this year as I did last year on the coursework so I need few marks in ICT5 in the Summer to get an A and I should be secure for my B which is what I need.

The last two years of ICT have been so bloody boring.
Reply 30
Chris87
You don't need to take screenshots of your whole project usually. You just need a few examples so they can see what its like. About 10 pages from my website and a few screenshots in my documentation was all I did.

Ok then. Our teacher told us to do many screenshots on testing and the technical documentation, so he knows how you made and which stuff you tested. He doesn't allowus to use examples.
Reply 31
trev
What are you studying at university?

Management.

My teacher told us to use tons of screen dumps, because if you can show your system doing what it's meant to then they can't really argue with that!
Reply 32
emma870
Management.

My teacher told us to use tons of screen dumps, because if you can show your system doing what it's meant to then they can't really argue with that!

That's what my teacher said too. In the end, it's worth it as you get a good grade.
Someone gave me neg rep for this topic.

Someone jealous of my ICT courseowrk score? Well don't be.

My stupid, stupid arsehole of a teacher added it up wrong. In actual fact I got 71. AND THEN....after moderation everyone's points dropped by 4.

So I have gone from 81 to 67. NOT HAPPY!

ROUGHLY, as an estimate, what would 67/90 get in terms of UMS? Im thinking maybe 95?
Reply 34
That's unlucky mate.

I managed to reduce my Database project from 270 pages, to 168ish. Got rid of a lot of needless crap, that wouldn't have made a difference to be honest.
Reply 35
Jump
That sortof makes my 60 pages look inadequate! :biggrin:

LOL, Just remember it's quality not quantity! :wink:

Quite a lot of my project was print screens, soooo boring.
Reply 36
It was annoying to do, the last 2 weeks before the deadlinew I was working on it from 9am, until 3am the next day, whole piece of work was about 1400 pages, was very heavy to carry to the lesson, but I got 114/120...I like coursework though, puts you in a good position for the exam. What did you base yours on?
Reply 37
no, I did do 1400...I didn't realise how much I'd done until the end though, because I only started printing it off during the last 2 weeks before the deadline. Its good though because I worked out I only need about 23 marks out of 90 on the exam to get an A, so not worrying about ICT. Can't say that about AVCE Business though, need to do lots of revision for that, because we haven't been taught anything for one unit!
Reply 38
Woah, that is a lot of pages! At least you got a grade A for the coursework though. What is your coursework about? I bet you've done loads of designs and testing (full of screenshots).
Reply 39
emma155
no, I did do 1400...I didn't realise how much I'd done until the end though, because I only started printing it off during the last 2 weeks before the deadline. Its good though because I worked out I only need about 23 marks out of 90 on the exam to get an A, so not worrying about ICT. Can't say that about AVCE Business though, need to do lots of revision for that, because we haven't been taught anything for one unit!

I'm assuming you have a good AS grade, and that's why you can get 23 out of 90 in the exam if you want. What grade did you get in the other exam (ICT4 or ICT5)?

Latest

Trending

Trending