Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is the student union good? Do they have club nights or quiz nights or gigs or anything? Are the drinks cheap enough for students? Are there lots of events?

ReputationRep:
    All of the events you mentioned happen - though I'm not sure how regularly! Drinks aren't too badly priced. I'm not much help as I'm not actually I student at the uni; I just live in the city. But I know people who work there and they're always busy arranging events etc, so it's pretty lively :yep:

Plus with all the extra nightlife around, even if the Union wasn't that great, you wouldn't be short of stuff to do

ReputationRep:
    I can't even remember the last time I went to the Union, not sure what's on these days. I only ever really tend to go on Purple Wednesdays, which is big night that tends to be a lot of the sports crowd. Friday nights tend to just be regular clubbing. They used to do a Saturday night event that I went to a couple of times. It usually had a fancy dress element to it but I believe they've stopped that for the time being? Quiz night on Sundays, £1/person.

Gigs, not really. But the Guildhall and the Wedgewood Rooms draw more than enough acts to them and you've got direct trains to Southampton, Bournemouth, Brighton and London. They occasionally do an acoustic night for students to play in though.

There's been a few gimmicky events put on this year, I know we've had a foam party and a roller disco.

In short, it's fairly good once in a while and it's quite cheap but there are so many offers on around the city it may not always be the cheapest.

There are basically 4 sections to it:
    - The Waterhole which is a bar downstairs, open throughout the day and into the evening (although it closes before the end of the night), serves a fairly large amount of food, breakfast, hot food, crisps etc.
    - CO2 upstairs, which is the smaller of the upstairs venues, the bar doesn't sell snakebite so often a bit quieter, tends to be more sort of chillout music and there's a small seating area as you walk in.
    - Lux, the club room. This is the main venue in the evenings, reaaaally long bar.
    - Via Lattea. Not part of the main Union building, it's next door and is coffee shop for during the day. Fairly affordable food, some nice comfy sofas.

ReputationRep:
    Personally I don't like the union, very rarely go anymore. Can't put my finger on it I think it's because it's just like a long hall but I don't enjoy it lol. Drinks are cheap tho snakebite was £1.60/pint last time I went
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by LostInLaw)
    I can't even remember the last time I went to the Union, not sure what's on these days. I only ever really tend to go on Purple Wednesdays, which is big night that tends to be a lot of the sports crowd. Friday nights tend to just be regular clubbing. They used to do a Saturday night event that I went to a couple of times. It usually had a fancy dress element to it but I believe they've stopped that for the time being? Quiz night on Sundays, £1/person.

Gigs, not really. But the Guildhall and the Wedgewood Rooms draw more than enough acts to them and you've got direct trains to Southampton, Bournemouth, Brighton and London. They occasionally do an acoustic night for students to play in though.

There's been a few gimmicky events put on this year, I know we've had a foam party and a roller disco.

In short, it's fairly good once in a while and it's quite cheap but there are so many offers on around the city it may not always be the cheapest.

There are basically 4 sections to it:
    - The Waterhole which is a bar downstairs, open throughout the day and into the evening (although it closes before the end of the night), serves a fairly large amount of food, breakfast, hot food, crisps etc.
    - CO2 upstairs, which is the smaller of the upstairs venues, the bar doesn't sell snakebite so often a bit quieter, tends to be more sort of chillout music and there's a small seating area as you walk in.
    - Lux, the club room. This is the main venue in the evenings, reaaaally long bar.
    - Via Lattea. Not part of the main Union building, it's next door and is coffee shop for during the day. Fairly affordable food, some nice comfy sofas.
    nicely put I would agree

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.