Turn on thread page Beta

Royal Mail Premium Delivery (Next Day) delivering before I leave for school? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I bought something online and got the confirmation today that it had been sent and I should get it before 1pm tomorrow (using the royal mail next day 1pm delivery service). thing is, i kinda wanted to wear what i ordered at school tomorrow and wondered what the chances were that it would arrive before half 8 when i leave for school?
    is it some special delivery truck that comes or just the normal postman?
    sorry for the weird question! haha x
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Spesh usually comes separately to the regular post but I've no idea whether it would be there before 8:30am

ReputationRep:
    Royal Mail? Good luck...

ReputationRep:
    I doubt it. Knowing Royal Mail, before one o'clock will probably mean half three...

ReputationRep:
    In my experience slim to none.

There is a next day before 9am service aswell, so unless the extra was paid for guarenteed before 9am delivery, I doubt it will come before half 8.
    Also, anything ive ordered by special delivery has never come with normal post, always deliverd by someone in a van.

ReputationRep:
    My experience of special delivery is it comes from the normal bloke on the day they say it will, if you normally get your post before you leave for school then I would have thought you'll get it before you go, if not then bad luck.

ReputationRep:
    oh, bummer! i only paid the 8 quid premium delivery so that it would arrive in time so that i could wear it tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    My special deliveries normally come with the postman - so normally about 12.

Can't remember ever getting one before 9 (dont think anyone ever sent one that urgent)

If you didn;t specifically pay for before 9 then you will prob get it when the postman normally turns up

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 20, 2009
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.