Would Imperial change their offer? Watch

ninja_penguin
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hey all..I'll get str8 to the point. I am studying A-level Maths, F.Maths & Physics. Maths results (core only, /100) are
c1: 98
c2: 92
c3: 80
c4: 61
the remaining 2 modules to complete the A level are not fixed, but I will have done m1, m2, m3, s1 ,s2, d1

I have recieved an offer for 4yr Mech Eng 09, which is AAA, A in all maths modules. I was not aware of the underlined part, until a friend reminded me about it. This was too late though, as my deadline for re-sit applications has passed. My problem is that i don't have the A grade in C4, which i think would be needed..

My question is..is there any chance that Imperial would change this offer somehow?? So that I can have a chance again? :confused:
BJack
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It's extremely unlikely that Imperial will change the offer. You can still be entered for resits, but you might end up paying a lot.

Also, are you certain the offer doesn't require you to get the A grades without resits?
Rei
Badges: 1
Report 9 years ago
Try entering privately at another centre for C4.
SomeGirl91
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Rei)
Try entering privately at another centre for C4.
That's the best thing to do ^.^

You school should let you re- sit though. Its noramally double the charge so around 50? Worth it though, if it means you'll get into Imperial! Ask 'em tomrrow.
impsmith
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
you've told your school this and they won't let you enter a resit? wtf? if that's the case go to another college/school and do it there instead.
polka_dott
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You can fill out a form to do a resit - it will just cost a bit more! Then if you get over 80 it should replace the lower grade you got last week?

They only say you have until XX to send in a form so that no-one tries to give one in last minute or something.
nuodai
Badges: 14
Report 9 years ago
The resit deadline hasn't actually passed, even if your school's has. Your school will still be able to put you in for the exam. The exams administrator might be a bit pissy but, frankly, it's worth it.

Make sure your offer doesn't say anything about no resits though, otherwise you're really just wasting your time.
Minerva
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by ninja_penguin)
Hey all..I'll get str8 to the point. I am studying A-level Maths, F.Maths & Physics. Maths results (core only, /100) are
c1: 98
c2: 92
c3: 80
c4: 61
the remaining 2 modules to complete the A level are not fixed, but I will have done m1, m2, m3, s1 ,s2, d1

I have recieved an offer for 4yr Mech Eng 09, which is AAA, A in all maths modules. I was not aware of the underlined part, until a friend reminded me about it. This was too late though, as my deadline for re-sit applications has passed. My problem is that i don't have the A grade in C4, which i think would be needed..

My question is..is there any chance that Imperial would change this offer somehow?? So that I can have a chance again?
As others have said, be assertive with your school about entering for a resit (I can't imagine they would actually stop you, in these circumstances). The issue about whether your offer allows resits shouldn't be a problem in this case. Generally what unis mean by 'no resits' is if you are trying to improve your overall A2 grade by retaking modules in 'year 14'. That doesn't seem to be the case here.
Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Minerva)
The issue about whether your offer allows resits shouldn't be a problem in this case. Generally what unis mean by 'no resits' is if you are trying to improve your overall A2 grade by retaking modules in 'year 14'. That doesn't seem to be the case here.
Different circumstances exist with Imperial, though. It demands first-time A grades in maths modules for maths applicants and, some have reported (though it isn't on the website), for engineering and computing.

The OP should check with the university.
Minerva
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Good bloke)
Different circumstances exist with Imperial, though. It demands first-time A grades in maths modules for maths applicants and, some have reported (though it isn't on the website), for engineering and computing.

The OP should check with the university.
Fair enough - I'd missed that (not being a mathematician!).

So there you have it, OP - check with Imperial!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (78)
26.44%
No (217)
73.56%

Watched Threads