Odd email from Student Finance? Watch

Peanut42
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
So I applied for finance the other day, everything was fine etc. Today though I got an email saying I need to provide additional documents, and to check the 'Evidence Summary' page to find out what I need to send. Except when I go there, it says 'We are not expecting any evidence from you'

What do I do?!
AugustWestie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Give them a call and find out what they're missing, if indeed they are missing anything. In my experience they absolutely hopeless. Not looking forward to reapplying this year.
vickialice
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I recieved that and I rang them and it meant my parents evidence
johnbrown
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
don't send anything

they send everyone that
jordan12
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yea, it seems to be an automated message that gets sent out at the wrong times.

I got one just after applying, and it turned out to just mean they needed my parent's evidence, and then I got another one even after my application had been completely assessed.
LillieF
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Its for your parents. I did excatly the same thing today.
kat2pult
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Ugh give them a call. They're absolutely hopeless. Last year I sent in my passport, they sent it back and then said I hadn't provided it so I didn't get my money in on time.

They keep sending me the same information now =\
member264988
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Peanut42)
So I applied for finance the other day, everything was fine etc. Today though I got an email saying I need to provide additional documents, and to check the 'Evidence Summary' page to find out what I need to send. Except when I go there, it says 'We are not expecting any evidence from you'

What do I do?!
omg.. i got the same email
eve_22
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I may be bitter due to their recent failures to provide me with correct information, but if I could give you one piece of advice it would be to call them and make sure that they do or do not need anything from you and, if needed, call them again just to make sure that they have given you the right advice. I have sent off my financial documentary evidence on 11th of February and the online account still states that it is missing. I called them about it and have been told that they have not received it, only to get an email a few days after tracking down my employer, getting a new letter and sending it off, stating that it actually has been received on 18th of February (despite me sending via registered next day delivery), but it has not been processed yet, as it can take 8 or more weeks. Funny, because I have never heard of it taking that long. It is simply one big mess!
Peanut42
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Ah right thanks everyone, sounds like this is going to be fun! My mum did say she has to send something off to them, so I'm just going to asume it's that.
fed up
Report 9 years ago
i used to work for an LEA until my job was made redundant last year. The SLC were totally unprepared for taking over new applications this year. Their computer system was constantly going down and has so many errors the LEAs are sent release notes and 'work arounds' to tell the LEAs of the hundreds of errors and how to get around them. I can only imagine that the situation is worse this year. I have supported an application his year for my partner and its been weeks and half my evidence has been returned, the other is still missing, no progress has been made on the application since the day we filled the application in and there seems to be no way to contact the student finance england to get any updates. At least when the LEAS were there, you could go in and see them or call or email to get an update, even if the application was late (usually because of the computer system!!!)
eve_22
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by fed up)
i used to work for an LEA until my job was made redundant last year. The SLC were totally unprepared for taking over new applications this year. Their computer system was constantly going down and has so many errors the LEAs are sent release notes and 'work arounds' to tell the LEAs of the hundreds of errors and how to get around them. I can only imagine that the situation is worse this year. I have supported an application his year for my partner and its been weeks and half my evidence has been returned, the other is still missing, no progress has been made on the application since the day we filled the application in and there seems to be no way to contact the student finance england to get any updates. At least when the LEAS were there, you could go in and see them or call or email to get an update, even if the application was late (usually because of the computer system!!!)
I can understand your frustration, because I sent my application off 8th of February and had to send in my financial documentary evidence three times. None of these were accepted and, in fact, only one has been returned to me. I am lucky that I at least got my passport back! I have now sent in my financial evidence for the fourth time and, although they received it two weeks ago (I sent it via registered next day delivery, so I'm sure they did), the website still states that it's missing. I called them today and have been told it might take another month a longer, although they have already been holding my application for four months. I tried to explain them that the only reason that I applied so early was because my uni choice will depend a lot on whether I get the amount of financial support needed and that it is all very frustrating, because I still don't know whether I will, after waiting for four long months. I have been simply told "sorry, we have a backlog, blah blah blah, can't do nothing about it, blah blah blah"... THIS IS JUST RIDICULOUS!!!
Taiko
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by fed up)
Being a current LEA employee, this makes perfect sense to me. At present, we're experiencing a situation similar to the great summer of 2006, which I'm sure you'll remember. Annoyingly, I know a lot more. But SLC have had me banned from speaking out on anything that has gone bad. So much so, the help thread I put up a few months back which I done advice for free was removed due to them.

Release notes thing you mentioned is pretty much the same.
Sikthchick
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Would you suggest applying early just incase? I need to apply for 3rd year funding but havent even thought about filling in forms yet...
Sikthchick
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Taiko)
Being a current LEA employee, this makes perfect sense to me. At present, we're experiencing a situation similar to the great summer of 2006, which I'm sure you'll remember. Annoyingly, I know a lot more. But SLC have had me banned from speaking out on anything that has gone bad. So much so, the help thread I put up a few months back which I done advice for free was removed due to them.

Release notes thing you mentioned is pretty much the same.
would you suggest aplpying early just incase??

I need to reapply for 3rd year funding but haven't even thought about filling in forms yet..
Taiko
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Your supposed deadline if you want support in place for September is next week. However, you just have to have your form in by 1st June 2010.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (64)
29.36%
No - I got the required grades (124)
56.88%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (30)
13.76%

Watched Threads