The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

When meeting female patients for the first time I tend to mumble their title a bit to avoid the awkwardness of getting it wrong. Which amounts to using "Ms." really.

L i b
Mr implies maturity; for young men, the correct title is Master.

Though only banks do this, and it makes you feel about eight when they're still doing it at 16-18.
Reply 161
9 pages...c'mon guys get outside and smell some flowers or something
I'd like to be a Mrs :yy:

Actually it depends on the surname of said future husband. My surname isn't a good one, so I won't be too sad to see it go. My mum said she really regrets not keeping her last name, but her maiden name is pretty and our surname is quite common.
Reply 163
Ms absolutely. Most girls my age are Miss on things but I always put Ms. I'm never going to change my name so I won't be a Mrs and it's not like I'm a child.
I find this a hard subject area. I believe that one day when i am married i will take my husbands last name. However for the purpose of my job i shall keep my maiden nane. This is purley because it is what i will be know by and with what my reputation will be assosiated with.

It is hard however for those who do not know you to know how to address you. How are they to know if you are married or not.

I am not sure yet if i shall be refered to as Ms or not as it does get to me the way that men do not have to show everyone if they are married or not.

Latest

Trending

Trending