Young Enterprise Watch

definite_maybe
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
The exam for this is on Tuesday, and I don't understand at all what is going to be like. Are there two units, one with set questions, and one proper exam? What is the case study for, the second unit?
TheMarkedCard
  • CV Helper
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I did the Young Enterprise exam when I was at school in Year 10 (so, about 6 years ago) and it was very, very easy. The most important thing you should do to prepare for the exam is to think hard about what you have done through the Company Programme and what you role entailed. Embellish on your role if you don't think you did much and make sure that you write about it in detail during the exam.

I did this and passed. It really is a simply exam and not something to worry about.

Let me know how it goes - PM me.
ForGreatJustice
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yeh the exam is piss easy, I just wrote a story with the ages left at the end. Oh and i passed :P
Origami Bullets
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
As far as I can tell, there's one exam with a pre-published set of questions and mark scheme. The pass mark on this is only 59.5%, and as far as I can tell there is no such thing as a distinction etc.
Mark scheme with questions integrated: http://www.ocr.org.uk/Data/publicati...g_Criteria.pdf

There's then another exam which is slightly harder, and is based on a case study, which you will get a copy of in the exam.
http://www.ocr.org.uk/Data/publicati...y_Mar_2009.pdf

We have been given example questions by school that get no harder than:
- Describe the difference between a public limited company and a private limited company
- Describe how the directors posts were filled in the case study
- Explain one way in which your company tried to promote its products

Make sure you know what the following things are (look them up by going to google and typing in define:word e.g. define:accountable or use wikipedia
AGM
Cash flow
Break-even
Net profit
Accountable
Asset
Nominated
Seconded
Mission Statement
Public Limited Company and Private Limited Company
Public Sector and Private Sector
Website advantages
Why you need to monitor cash flow
Promotion
Market research

As you can see, it's not really anything to be worried about - it's easier than a GCSE.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (117)
46.06%
Pro-humanity (137)
53.94%