having a panic - work Watch

TarantuLove
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Sorry to post a thread like this again but I'm going to work tonight for the first time in a while and I have social anxiety problems. I can feel a major panic attack coming on by the silly fact that I dont know who Im working with, where to go to get into the building (different venue) and who is the manager tonight.

Any help before I have a freak out
mikeyd85
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by TarantuLove)
Sorry to post a thread like this again but I'm going to work tonight for the first time in a while and I have social anxiety problems. I can feel a major panic attack coming on by the silly fact that I dont know who Im working with, where to go to get into the building (different venue) and who is the manager tonight.

Just close your eyes, breathe deeply and slowly and let yourself relax.

Nobody expects you to know anything when you get there, so don't put that pressure on yourself, ok?
speedstacker
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by TarantuLove)

First , you have to stop believing that you'll defo. get a pannic attack. It wouldnt if you believe in yourself.

As mikey85 said, you're new so no one will expect you to be the best employee ever. Just make sure you're not late, smile to people (not in a creepy way ), and dont worry. Also dont worry if you do anything wrong - people learn from mistakes.

Good luck
letsdothetimewarpagain
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You need to try and stop thinking about having a panic attack, worrying about it adds to anxiety and increases the chance of it happening. Think to yourself that even if it does happen it won't harm you and you will get through it. If you feel tense/anxious take a couple of minutes out and have a drink of water, go outside if possible and take deep breaths in and out. You may find that listening to music or something will help keep you calm so try and experiement with different methods if you can.

It is really important that you try and remove the worry from your mind so try and distract yourself from it. :-)
TarantuLove
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
thanks guys :hugs:
libertine861
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I made a thread giving advice for situations such as this:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...6#post17741946

I realise it won't be a solution to all problems but it may help.
squeak
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Ring up and ask?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (199)
27.95%
No (513)
72.05%

Watched Threads