AAAa Conditional !! Watch

bindaas
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I've got an AAAa (maths physics ict and further maths (as)) offer for computing and I know, I wont get an A in ICT
Im sure I can manage AABa easily and i want to know what are the chances of me getting in if I get AABa grades

:eek3: :eek3: :eek3:
Kyalimers
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 21
Report 9 years ago
Pretty much 0. It's Imperial. They don't reduce grades except for exceptional circumstances.
Haz313
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Just work harder.
inksplodge
  • CV Helper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Haz313)
Just work harder.
This. If you want to go to Imperial so badly you will work your backside off to get the grades.
faber niger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
How come the A-Levels you profess to be doing in your profile are different to those in your opening post? (i.e I.C.T. specifically.)
bindaas
So, i got no chance? =|
grr... why did they have to give me an offer and make matters worse
Azimuth
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by sohanshah)
Pretty much 0. It's Imperial. They don't reduce grades except for exceptional circumstances.
I have two friends here who didn't meet their offers and still made it in.
Kyalimers
  • PS Reviewer
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Azimuth)
Course?

And circumstances?

Take it into account :rolleyes:
me, myself and I
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I got AAA including maths and physics, with As in all my maths modules, this was for engineering though.
I was a bit peeved as the prospectus said the typical offer was AAA, no mention of the modules. I declined the offer thinking I could never make it. I have made it, but too late now...lol
RaJz92
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
WOOWWW you are so lucky! I would like to give congratulation to you for your conditional offer at Imperial

I got some questions to ask you?

How did you manage it??? What A-levels are you doing? Do Imperial College consider your extra-curricular activities?

I am so desperate to study at computing degree at Imperial, however I don't think I won't get any offer from Imperial cos my choices of course are rubbish, I chose Applied ICT Double Award, Mathematics and Applied Business. All of them, I'm getting good grade, (A and B) however, it too early to ask because I'm only Year 12!
Azimuth
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Course?

And circumstances?

Take it into account :rolleyes:
Both Computing. No special circumstances.

It isn't as hard to get in here as you think.
Kyalimers
  • PS Reviewer
Report 9 years ago
Both Computing. No special circumstances.

It isn't as hard to get in here as you think.
To be fair, if you can't get an A in ICT for a Computing Degree.....
wizz_kid
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Tbh, ICT has absolutely nothing to do with Computing. They are two completely different subjects.
Kyalimers
  • PS Reviewer
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by wizz_kid)
Tbh, ICT has absolutely nothing to do with Computing. They are two completely different subjects.
I swear it has more relevance than an A Level in Geography :rolleyes:
wizz_kid
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I swear it has more relevance than an A Level in Geography :rolleyes:
Haha very true. However i did ICT and thought that it was a real waste of time. ICT is more about how ICT is used in real life and its application e.g. data protection act, spread sheets and loads of other rubbish.

However computing on the other hand is hardcore computing where you learn about programming, web designing etc which i believe is more relevant to a computing degree. However it is down to personal choice and this is what i think.
Kyalimers
  • PS Reviewer
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by wizz_kid)
Haha very true. However i did ICT and thought that it was a real waste of time. ICT is more about how ICT is used in real life and its application e.g. data protection act, spread sheets and loads of other rubbish.

However computing on the other hand is hardcore computing where you learn about programming, web designing etc which i believe is more relevant to a computing degree. However it is down to personal choice and this is what i think.
Yeah ok you are right, but given the OP's choices for A-Level, the one you would expect him to definitely get an A in for Computing at Uni would be ICT, as that's the most relevant.
fais
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Me too (am also in DoC) - but to quote Dylan, the times they are a-changin'; they're getting much tougher on incoming students (especially now the standard offer is A*AA). Strangely though, the people I know who missed their offers are on Firsts... :/

[Edit: bah, quoted wrong post. meh.]
j09
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yeah ok you are right, but given the OP's choices for A-Level, the one you would expect him to definitely get an A in for Computing at Uni would be ICT, as that's the most relevant.
I'd say it was maths.
wizz_kid
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
ICT is a little bit relevant however the most relevant subject is (further) maths.
bindaas
Yeah, Ict has the least relevancy eventhough it is the most obvious one. Doing maths physics and Fm is the only reason i managed to get in.
Maths is the official requirement phsyics/chemistry is preferred next and further maths is like the cherry on top of the cake lol
ict is considered as a soft subject and i cant even get an A in that :confused:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (142)
27.41%
No (376)
72.59%

Watched Threads