Bodlean - help.. Watch

gottogo
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Trying to get some books through olis and the majority of them are here:

Bodleian
BOD Nuneham

What does that exactly mean?

Also when they are in the bodlean bookstack does that mean they are available or you have to order them through?

Cheers. Much appreciated.
hobnob
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by gottogo)
Trying to get some books through olis and the majority of them are here:

Bodleian
BOD Nuneham

What does that exactly mean?
Nuneham is one of the stack locations (it's a bit further away from the main site, so books from there may take a bit longer to arrive at the reading rooms). You'll need to place a stack order for them.
Also when they are in the bodlean bookstack does that mean they are available or you have to order them through?
It means that you have to place a stack order. Just click on "order item from the stacks" and follow the instructions.
gottogo
thanks hobnob.

do you know how long this will take as i leave tomorrow!?

cheers.
Angelil
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Ordering stuff from the stacks usually takes a few days - you definitely won't have them by tomorrow (especially since today is Friday).
gottogo
Thanks.

I don't suppose if you know that these books/journals can be taken out, or are they reference only from the Bodlean?

Cheers
Cirsium
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If it's in the stacks then it will be reference only. AFAIK all Bod books are ref only, but that's not the case at the RSL since it munched up the Hooke library so I could be wrong.
hobnob
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Angelil)
Ordering stuff from the stacks usually takes a few days - you definitely won't have them by tomorrow (especially since today is Friday).
Huh, are all the linguistics-y texts stored off-site?:confused:
How long you have to wait for your stack orders depends on what type of stuff it is (well, where it's stored, really, but in this case it amounts to the same thing). The vast majority of my stack orders only took a couple of hours. Nuneham stuff will normally take at least a day, though, I believe.
Angelil
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Good point. I did ask for a lot of obscure things whenever I ordered from the stacks - always seemed like a given that I'd have to wait a few days whenever I wanted anything.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Oxford
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 3 Jul '19
  • University of Oxford
    Thu, 4 Jul '19
  • University of Oxford
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (90)
20%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (181)
40.22%
Nope, not that interesting (179)
39.78%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise