Predicted B, but capable of A! Watch

shel_b_ann
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hi all,

I have applied through UCAS Extra and am still waiting to hear from the uni as to whether I am accepted or rejected...having just got my results back from January AS resits and A2 module I am on track for an A in Sociology, however my teacher predicted me a B!

I need an A in this (when added to my other grades) to meet the entry requirements so I'm wondering whether the grade prediction for this subject will let me down....

Would it be worthwhile contacting the Uni to update them on my grades/point out that the B prediction should in fact be an A or should I just leave it?!
spursj911
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
not much you can do, just work hard
Minerva
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by shel_b_ann)
Hi all,

I have applied through UCAS Extra and am still waiting to hear from the uni as to whether I am accepted or rejected...having just got my results back from January AS resits and A2 module I am on track for an A in Sociology, however my teacher predicted me a B!

I need an A in this (when added to my other grades) to meet the entry requirements so I'm wondering whether the grade prediction for this subject will let me down....

Would it be worthwhile contacting the Uni to update them on my grades/point out that the B prediction should in fact be an A or should I just leave it?!
As you have already applied you had better ask your teacher to email them a revised prediction based on your January results (and I would encourage them to be a bit ambiguous about the balance between AS resits and A2 modules taken at that sitting). If this application is unsuccessful, check with the unis you are interested in before applying again what information they would be willing to take in addition to your UCAS form.
BJP
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Minerva)
As you have already applied you had better ask your teacher to email them a revised prediction based on your January results (and I would encourage them to be a bit ambiguous about the balance between AS resits and A2 modules taken at that sitting).
I do this as the first step. If your teacher says no, or you suspect that she will not do so - then I would contact the Unis as you say but word it well - like a post up above ^^ some where says. Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 7 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (64)
29.36%
No - I got the required grades (124)
56.88%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (30)
13.76%

Watched Threads