The Student Room Group

French Oral Help

Hi everyone i'm new to this whole thing so go easy. i'm taking both my AS and A2 french orals in the summer (also got a german AS going).

doing L'etranger (Albert Camus) for the AS discussion, and L'euthanasie (i'm arguing for legalising some of it) for the A2 debate.

if anyone had useful links/info/advice on either, i'd appreciate it.

cheers hope this is posted in the right section (soz if it's not)

james
Camus L'etranger for AS very adventurous, its quite deep stuff.
Try these links

www.gradesaver.com/ClassicNotes/Authors/about_albert_camus.html

and

http://www.sparknotes.com/lit/index_author_c.html
Reply 2
many thanks richy rich$$
Reply 3
just want everyone to know that this thread doesnt have to be finished!

if anyone had stuff on Euthanasia (arguing for), for french a2, or 'Crazy' by Benjamin Lebert, for my german oral, that would be great.

james
Try google.fr or google.de. You must really like literature to be doing it for both your language orals! Dont you find it really hardgoing?
Reply 5
thanks again

no i can't stand literature but i was told it's easier to do well in because no one else is able to do it! and i read the texts in the english translation so i almost cheat the system. it's not too tough but i hate oral exams as i lose confidence etc.

then for french we're studying 'L'Avare' (moliere) and 'Boule de Suif et autres contes de la guerre' (maupassant). i'm taking it a year early like you did, then hoping to study french and german and cambridge or durham (like you!).
Cool. I am not a great fan of literature either. There are some bits i like e.g. like Moliere and Camus, by on the whole i hate it. Why are you taking your French early- are you a semi native speaking or just really good at it? What cambridge college are you thinking of applying to?
Reply 7
Well i just started from quite a young age and picked it up. Our division take it early but i think it's not a decent method; cos if we don't need to retake anything next year (unlikely but poss.) then we forget the language over that final A2 year. i'm liking the idea of linguistics as i only want to learn these languages to be able to speak them!

there was this MML open day at cambridge and i got assigned to Kings college. was v impressive but probably not sporty enough for me. i quite like the look of jesus college and obviously trinity appeals.

what happened with u? are u a semi native for french and where in cambridge have u been accepted for?

my sisters at durham (hatfield) atm and loving it so i'd quite like to follow her if cambridge demands too much..
Wow you have a whole class doing it early!. Im not native, i just find it quite easy, so i got moved up year for french in yr10 to the yr11 class and so forth. But because my timetable didnt always fit, i only ended up with half the supposed number of lessons.I know what you mean tho' about taking it early, i havent had any french lessons this year, so im gonna be a bit rusty when i get to Cambridge.

I got my offer from Clare, but Jesus is quite a nice college and for some reason not too competitive either. Trinity was a bit too big for me, although it is really rich, so you probably get nice accommodation etc.

Latest

Trending

Trending