Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I wanna do my workout as soon as I get home after uni.

Should I have dinner before or after I do the workout?

which is better for results?

ReputationRep:
    Hello, anybody? Anyone at all?

ReputationRep:
    Stop over analysing, the most important point is that you're working out.

Make sure you get some protein and carbs down your neck afterwards, it may then be more convenient for you to exercise before dinner, maybe not.

ReputationRep:
    I would suggest that you should have a snack before hitting the gym, and then have dinner afterwards. Exercising on a full stomach might get messy...

Post exercise your body needs carbs to replenish depleted stores in your muscles, and then later on is when I would suggest taking in protein in the form of a healthy dinner. For late night meals, try to work on a 2:1 ratio of carbs to protein. If you are body building, you might need more protein, but I am assuming its general fitness. My favourite post gym food is a big mozarella and tomato salad, with maybe some kind of meat in the middle if I can be bothered making it.

ReputationRep:
    excersizing after eating is begging for serious pukage! just have enough carbs before the workout, and just eat properly after, risk free stuff

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered nutrition and supplements threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.