Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    sorry i seem to be posting lots of topics on this recently.

right basically last year i did my french AS oral with OCR and for that we had to have a question about an area eg french culture then our teacher would ask us questions about it for 10 mintutes. then we would get some info like a leaflet type thing about i dont know a french hotel you can stay at or something then u got asked questions about it like why would you want to stay here? how would you contact them? etc etc etc

but now i am retaking my AS year and this includes french but i am now doing it on edexcel. so was wondering what are the differences??? this is for the new spec btw. is it necessary to do a presentation then you just get asked questions on it?? or is it that you dont do a presentation and you just get asked questions. also then there is another part where you get a text in the exam then you jut answer for questions on it??

ahh im so confused about the first part though, do you need an actual specific thing or what?! any help would really be appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    okay jut had another look at edexcel webby. so am i right in saying that you chose a topic area then just research as many areas within that as possible so you generally know things. for example if you chose health and fitness you just make sure that you know how to talk about how its important, different diseases etc just stuff about it but you dont actually need to write a presentation or have a specific question about it cos you wont know what you will be asked until you get in there?? so all you need to know is just information about it by researching it?

ReputationRep:
    yes!! Well, basically to pick one topic from out of Youth Culture, Health and Sport, School and Work, Environment. You are given are given a piece of text related to your chosen module (which u look at in ur prep time) and then are asked 4 questions based on the text. Then you move onto the general conversation on your chosen module.

ReputationRep:
    I have the same 1, my teacher gave me a list of all the possible questions that might come up so i can prepare answers which is really helpful, maybe ask your teacher for something like that?

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing AS German Edexcel..same as the French specification:

There are the 4/5 different topic areas, each have their own "sub topics". So you choose one of these. 15 minutes before your exam starts, you'll be given a stimulus (70words ish) based on your topic area..focusing on one of the sub topics. You can make notes on an A4 sheet..bring your notes and the stimulus into the exam. You'll then be asked 4 questions...the first 2 will be based on the stimulus content...the last 2 will be asking for your opinion/reaction to the stimulus. This part of the exam is usually 4-5 minutes.

The remaining 4-5 minutes is general conversation. This is still based on your choosen topic, but moves away into different sub topics.

Our teacher has also given us a (quite long) list of questions she will ask. Asking for something like this will really help in preperation.

ReputationRep:
    thankyou so much that has answered all my questions good luck for your oral exams!

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.