Snookercraze
9/11, 7/7, the 2004 Tsunami??

yeah tbh I'm a little ignorant to those
but yes of course especially Tsunami
Snookercraze
Thank you... it really is beautiful.

Have you been there?
Reply 62
9/11, 7/7, innaugration of Obama and all the obvious ones. Standing sentry for the tomb of the unknown soldier/warrior at the Torch Rememberance service in Westminster Abbey.
9/11 - I was in year 5, my teacher was American and she got a phonecall, went outside and came in and told us what happened, went home that day and watched it on the news...that was terrible
JFK assassination, yes i know i wasnt born but i know it inside out and that was terrible too
Man Utd winning champions leage last year :biggrin:
Blackbet grading :P
Reply 64
When me and my brother threw water balloons into the sunroofs of cars. We even got chased once XD, good times....
Untitled258
Trip to Zambia with school :eek:

Im not jealous, our trip to the local land fill site was amazing :s-smilie:

Aww it was amazing, first trip out of Scotland as well but it gave me a real eye opener to a developing country.

This year the schools off to Tanzania and then in 2010 some zambian and Tanzanian pupils will be coming to scotland - that shall be interesting and good to see them again.

Was that with geography, we got a 3 day residential this year and a couple of days at the beach :P
nolongerhearthemusic
Have you been there?

Nope, not yet.

Have you?
Erm....
9/11 - I was driving back from school and I remember every word my dad said, even though it was nearly 10 years ago.... "Something's happened that's going to be in the news for a very long time..."

Every person I've ever kissed :rolleyes: Strange but yarh.

First time I had sex.

When I shook Prince Charles' hand (I was like 10 haha) and he said - "That's a very posh blazer you have". Wooooooooooh :woo:

The first time I met my girlfriend.

The first time she said she loved me. :rolleyes:
Getting up the day Diana died and running into the parents room to watch CITV only to find it wasn't friggin' on, I was gutted!

Similar to 9/11, not really understanding what was happening and just being annoyed that there wasn't cartoons on - I actually thought it was a film for about an hour.

My 16th birthday party - I will NEVER drink alcopops again.

Having to sing to an audience of 300 people after having returned from Berlin that morning with a chest infection, and my bandmaster announcing to the audience that I had thrown up three times backstage. Yeah thanks. Then running offstage to be sick again after our set and not being able to play the finale. THEN watching the whole sorry thing on DVD a month later.

Finding out last week that I'd gotten my best mark in two years of studying A-Level History in a resit exam.

My 18th birthday.
Reply 69
Losing My Virginity lol
Snookercraze
Nope, not yet.

Have you?

Nah. I'm not Muslim, so I will just have to look at pictures :smile:
nolongerhearthemusic
Nah. I'm not Muslim, so I will just have to look at pictures :smile:

That makes your comment about the Kabbah even sweeter. :smile:
Reply 72
FyreFight
No? What kind of adult man grabs an 11 year old girl by the scruff of their neck?

One who's just seen said 11 year old girl knock his young daughter over with a sodding great big ball...

If anyone did that to either of my daughters, unless immediate and genuine sorrow was shown I'm pretty sure I'd flatten whoever did it...

Anyway, obviously 911, not so much 77 oddly enough, IIRC we were both at home or something, either way out of the picture for the day. I also remember Canary Wharf getting bombed by the IRA, Iraq invading Kuwait (I'd heard of Iraq at the time from the Iran Iraq war, but being IIRC 12 at the time I hadn't the foggiest idea about Kuwait...).

Obviously a fair few general elections, the '97 one I was at the count for Milton Keynes South, and we were all overjoyed that we'd finally gotten rid of those sodding Tory *******. It was also the first general election I voted in.

Plenty of others, obviously personal ones are meeting my now wife, refusing to get down on one knee in the resteraunt in Rome to propose to her, even though we were pretty much the only people there (I guess I wasn't drunk enough), our wedding and of course the birth of our two daughters.

I'm sure there are more 'big' events that I could recall, as well as more personal ones, for example being told that my grandmother had died upon returning from a day out at the Leeds Royal Armouries with my best mate for his 21st birthday, which happened to coincide with those huge fuel protests about eight years ago. Almost didn't get home from that actually...

Obama winning wasn't really a big deal, the inevitable is hardly something surprising and thus momentous. But I suspect for the US it was very similar to how '97 was for us in the UK, finally getting rid of a corrupt and thoroughly useless and rather nasty government....
prudentstudent
When I shook Prince Charles' hand (I was like 10 haha) and he said - "That's a very posh blazer you have". Wooooooooooh :woo:

I hope you kicked him in the nuts! You would have got away with it. :p:

Visiting London for the first time
Meeting Rufus Wainwright
My best friend coming out to me (I was the first person he told)
9/11 (I was in my living room doing my homework after school when I heard)
First orgasm :eek:
A few days I'll never forget for good and bad reasons.
Reply 74
Snookercraze
There are some events that stay with you and you remember what you doing exactly when they happened.

So what are yours?

Coming round a bend at 60mph to find two lorries coming towards me (an arctic and a tipper), one on each side of the road.
- 9/11 - i had just come out of hospital and was playing snakes and ladders with my mum when dad called to tell us to switch on the tv.
- when i was 7 in zimbabwe there was a giraffe in the car park and my dad wanted a photo of it behind me but i was ****ing myself because he was taking AGES to take the photo and it was getting closer.
- Diana's death.. i had my first nosebleed that morning and was FREAKING OUT while my parents were busy watching the news.
Meeting my boyfriend for the first time (that was 18 months ago)
Our anniversary together.
My mum telling me she guenuinly hated what i have become.
The last time my dad ever spoke to me.
Reply 77
-9/11, Not realizing it was a terrorist attack until the second tower fell. Putting on the news and seeing the death and helplessness. Being so scared when seeing everyone being picked up from school and not knowing if our city would be next.
-November 4th 08 Barack Obama being announced as the winner of the election
-4th of July 2004 when my father died
-fathers day 2006 when my best friends father died
-Hurricane Katrina coming when I was in New Orleans and had no idea it would turn into what it did
-That time I was on an airplane and the pilot was telling us flight details then suddenly shouts "oh ****" before the plane plunged and then somehow righted itself. I still despise flying.

hmmm I guess I have a better memory of bad events. Oh well I still think I have an awesome life lol
In terms of news events, September 11th and Princess Diana dieing are the only two that spring to mind. Someone else mentioned the 2005 Champions League final, I don't think I'll forget that either.

In terms of personal life, watching my best friend get run over, being told my dad had died, getting physically attacked twice and watching my step dad die. To throw a positive one in, my University Graduation and passing my driving test.
Stomm
One who's just seen said 11 year old girl knock his young daughter over with a sodding great big ball...

If anyone did that to either of my daughters, unless immediate and genuine sorrow was shown I'm pretty sure I'd flatten whoever did it...

If you'd let your daughter crawl around by herself and then get hurt because she was too small to be seen, you'd deserve to be lamped yourself just for poor parenting. To then grab the young girl who accidentally did it and shout at her for your own parenting failures would simply make you scum.

Latest

Trending

Trending