The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 1
Do you mean Newark? St. Peters court is good, Raleigh Park is rubbish (Looks good on the outside but rubbish on the inside)!!! but that's my own opinion!
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
dont go st peters court, is ridiculously expensive....

raleigh park is good- would deffo reccomend it as i have friends there etc who love it
http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/nh/students/accomm/index.htm
Reply 3
I really wouldn't reccommend Raleigh. St. Peter's Court is a bit better, if not very conveniently located.
Yeah, avoid Raleigh.
I spent my first year in Raleigh, the people aren't too bad, although I met some of the weirdest people I will ever meet in my life in the place but it's just the actual place, dirty, damp etc and i've heard it's not changed this year.
I'd also look into Opal Accomodation, literally opposite Raleigh Park.It's going to be built brand new for September. Flatscreen TV's, Gym, New accom... seems like a good option.
Reply 7
I'm sending off my application now:
- St petres
- newark
- southwell

before I press submit anyone want to tell me anything about my choices now??
I still can't find rent info for the newark/southwell... anyone know what it is?
Reply 8
Opal looks like an amazing place to live in! Yes avoid Raleigh Park at all costs!!! but that's my own opinion. To me it's expensive, and its not very nice looking, whereas with Opal everything is gonna be brand new and modern...
Reply 9
IcEmAn911
Opal looks like an amazing place to live in! Yes avoid Raleigh Park at all costs!!! but that's my own opinion. To me it's expensive, and its not very nice looking, whereas with Opal everything is gonna be brand new and modern...

where is Opal? Not on the accommidation map.
Ykljdsfdg
where is Opal? Not on the accommidation map.

It's right opposite raleigh park as others have mentioned.. it is currently still under construction but i believe the showroom is currently open for viewing..

http://www.opalstudents.com/student-accommodation/nottingham/opal-1-oonot/features/

it is roughtly 8 minutes from jubilee campus... i would so love to live there but unfortunately i'm graduating this year (my own opinion).
Ykljdsfdg
I can't apply through nottingham online can I? I never saw the place there.

Nope... just check opal's website..
Ykljdsfdg
It works out at something like £94 /week. That's cheap for uni accommidation isn't it? Though I'm comparing it with London uni accomodation..

I hope people aren't bad mouthing raleigh because they want to go there :laugh:... whereever I look on the internet there is a complete divide - dome people say it's really good and others crap. Just preferences or is there something else that is causing this??

I think I'm going to apply for st peters and the two ones on jubilee campus that are for UGs (but catered :frown:)

st peters is run by unite however :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending