Student Finance online isn't working Watch

saltey
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hi,
just tried to regester and I seem to have got myself locked out of my acount already. I went through everying password secrate question etc. Then it gives me a user ID number which i write down.
So then it asks me to log in... so i put in the number etc.. Then it tells me i'm wrong so i try again and again. So now i'm locked out. I'm sure of my pass word and question answer, I'm just not sure if i got the ID number right. But when I go back to get it shown again it asks the wrong security question. I don't know what to do please help.
Sorry if im a bit rambly I'm rather sleepy and worried ive messed up the loan

S
saltey
Rep:
?
I'm all awake now and not grouchy. Can someone please help. I've managed to make it show me the right secrete question but my password wont work how do i fix it or re-set it?
terpineol
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Its not letting me continue renewing my application either. It hasn't for weeks.

Its a pile of poo.
jordan12
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Best advice would be to ring them, they can re-set your password for you.
brokenalien
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Same problem for me - I also had exactly the same problem last year reapplying online and had to get my passwords reset then, too! It's an absolutely awful system.
tomcuk123
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Well, I went to finish off my Finance application today (finally got round to it!) and Ive locked myself out.
I couldnt remember my password, so I went to reset it (again.... Im always forgetting it lol)
So, i entered my details etc... and it told me they ahve sent me the new Passwrod and secret answer, yet I ahve nothign in my email inbox.

So i try again, and still nothign.
I enter details that are slightly wrong, and it tell sme they are wrong, so I know my details are correct.
I check that the SLC email adresses are on my Allowed Contacts, they are- So i know that i will receive the email from them.
I check I can still receive Email, and I can- so I know it is not a fault with my inbox.

I know that it is a fault with them not sending me the emails (they ahve done in the past to reset my Password).

Its Sunday at 9.45, do you think THAT is the reason its not working?
Im going to ahve to phone them up, but wont they want my Password and secret answer?

What should I do? Im not gonna sleep tonite
saltey
Rep:
?
have you checked your spam box? are you sure its the right email address?
I ended up ringing them and they said they'd send my new password to the email adress i told them then (it never turned up) all i had to tell them was the long number, my name + email. But then i tried during the school day one day and it finally sent me the password so yeah try when its not as busy during a free or in the morning.
tomcuk123
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Well, everything is sorted now.
It turns out that the system was down untill midnight yesterday. I tried it again thsi afternooon, and it was working fine.

Damn... i HATE Student Finance England lol- what a pile of rubbish!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (225)
27.68%
No (588)
72.32%

Watched Threads