Hamas... Watch

User237126
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Seriously, what are your views? Democratically elected government with a right to do what it does? Or terrorist organisation?

Thread prompted by Galloway's denied entry to Canada
dzeh
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
gang of terrorists every1 in the party and country shud be given the lethal injection for being scummers
username196545
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm Palestinian, and I'll say it straight: They're pure, absolute, utter, complete, total scum.
steed999
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
democraticaly elected with valid demands of 1967 borders to accept israel as a state. Why cant anyone accept this? Dont get me wrong though they are not the best of people just not as bad as everyone makes them out to be!
User237126
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
I'm Palestinian, and I'll say it straight: They're pure, absolute, utter, complete, total scum.
but why were they elected then? I don't understand how an elected government can be viewed by both the people who elected it, and the rest of the world, as a terrosrist organisation
KING MONKEY
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Bobo1234)
but why were they elected then? I don't understand how an elected government can be viewed by both the people who elected it, and the rest of the world, as a terrosrist organisation
Because they had a choice of Fatah (worse scum) or Hamas (better scum)
hafa
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by KING MONKEY)
Because they had a choice of Fatah (worse scum) or Hamas (better scum)
On topic however, I agree with this post.
Topmanfaz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Bubbles, why did your fellow kinsman vote for the democratically elected party that is Hamas (if you say what they are)?
Thud
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
The people who elected it wanted terrorists.
KING MONKEY
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Topmanfaz)
Bubbles, why did your fellow kinsman vote for the democratically elected party that is Hamas (if you say what they are)?
Do you really think they had a choice.

Fatah is corrupt to the bone and would let Israel continue exploiting and colonising Palestine without a fight.

Hamas may be more extreme but they will do their best to stop their land being pillaged and raped...even though i disagree with their tactics.
Folderol
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by steed999)
democraticaly elected with valid demands of 1967 borders to accept israel as a state. Why cant anyone accept this? Dont get me wrong though they are not the best of people just not as bad as everyone makes them out to be!
They would offer a 10-25year truce. After that? Who knows? What does Israel get? Peace for a mazimum of 25 years. What does Hamas get? Legitimacy through having a sovereign state which can do a lot of things it can not not do.
username196545
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Thud)
The people who elected it wanted terrorists.
Oh come on you're smart. You know it's not that simple. You know I in no way support Hamas...but that's simplistic.
aimzdy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
hamas are scum, but personally as an israeli i dont think the israeli government is that much better...they haven't dealt with the situation well at all.
Thud
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Oh come on you're smart. You know it's not that simple. You know I in no way support Hamas...but that's simplistic.
Nor did I say you did, but then you didn't vote for them.
Topmanfaz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by KING MONKEY)
Do you really think they had a choice.

Fatah is corrupt to the bone and would let Israel continue exploiting and colonising Palestine without a fight.

Hamas may be more extreme but they will do their best to stop their land being pillaged and raped...even though i disagree with their tactics.
True. I wanted to hear this from a Palestinian point of view.
username196545
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Well I have the ability to look at them as a Palestinian not within the territories.
People voted for them because out of a choise of Hamas or Fatah...Hamas were the better option (for them). Under Fatah eveything really was awful (not that it's especially better now).
I say they're terrible because they Islamo-Fascist ***** who want to destroy Israel. Their full aims are to destroy Israel, which means, they allow their people to suffer Israel's punishment. They wage war on ISrael, meaning their people will suffer. They import weapons not food, and subsequently the import/export trade gets stopped. They've ruined the lives of everysingle decent Palestinian in Gaza.
username196545
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Thud)
Nor did I say you did, but then you didn't vote for them.

I wasn't implying you did, I was just trying to reiterate that I'm not some "ISRAEL IZ EVIL I LOVE HAMAS" fool.
My point anyway was that was a really simplistic thing to say.
CHEM1STRY
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hamas are no worse than the Israeli government.
username196545
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Dirac Delta Function)
You're an Israeli Arab then, you can't really play the "I'm a Palestinian" card can you?
My grandparents were born in the Palestinian mandate, they call themselves Palestinian. My dads first language is Arab. I am ethnically Palestine. My love extends to my Arab brothers and sisters; I have far more loyalty to Arabs then to Jews (not that I support Hamas, or Fatah, or anything like that, I simply mean it on an simple level). I have Palestinian pride, not Israeli.
So why can't I say I'm Palestinain?
Thud
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I wasn't implying you did, I was just trying to reiterate that I'm not some "ISRAEL IZ EVIL I LOVE HAMAS" fool.
My point anyway was that was a really simplistic thing to say.
I know you're not and I didn't mean to imply you are.

Anyway the way the OP was phrasing the question seemed to me to call for a simplistic answer. Palestinians aren't stupid they knew what voting for hamas would mean.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (199)
27.95%
No (513)
72.05%

Watched Threads