Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm taking; biology, chemistry, history and maths

Is the workload of biology and history too much?
    Anyone on here that does the two subjects tell me how they found it

(I'm an average student btw, not a super genius like the rest :p: )

ReputationRep:
    nah im doing both and biology is quite a light workload... history is quite a bit more but nothing impossible ull b fine

is it for as or a level?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cazzcazz)
    nah im doing both and biology is quite a light workload... history is quite a bit more but nothing impossible ull b fine

is it for as or a level?
    Its for AS level, but I plan to keep them both on for yr 13,
    so you can meet deadlines and the history isn't killing you? :redface:

ReputationRep:
    nooo no way yeh im doing as with them as well: bio, history, english lang and lit and maths and im no genius and im fiiiiine so long as you're commited you can still have a balance just make sure you do you're hwk every night cause when i forget it just piles up and its too much

but otherwise dwwww

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cazzcazz)
    nooo no way yeh im doing as with them as well: bio, history, english lang and lit and maths and im no genius and im fiiiiine so long as you're commited you can still have a balance just make sure you do you're hwk every night cause when i forget it just piles up and its too much

but otherwise dwwww
    What is the history h/w like? the essays and stuff?
    and are you doing modern or early modern?

ReputationRep:
    pfft no idea lol im doing nationalism 1815-70, russian revolution, french revolution and causes of the first world war and it seemed like a masssssss of work but im almost done now n have an a predicted

its more about your essay skills than remembering masses of facts

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I do both biology and history... they are my most boring subjects certainly but the workload is definitely manageable.

There is no reason you should think these subjects to give a greater workload than any other academically-rigorous subjects.

ReputationRep:
    My workload for Biology is by far the lightest (to the point that it's negligible compared to other subjects...), I think, which makes me very glad I chose to take it. I get by doing nearly nothing the whole year, before finally, at some stage, deciding to make notes from the textbook and do past papers- and from just this it's easy to score high in exams.

OOTH the workload for History can be quite strenuous, but definitely manageable. You have to do lots of essays, and depending on the student/teacher, a lot of reading, but if you find History interesting (which you should ) then it's all fine.

And Maths is also relaxing in the sense that you don't really get Maths homework.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJkG.1)
    Yeah I do both biology and history... they are my most boring subjects certainly but the workload is definitely manageable.

There is no reason you should think these subjects to give a greater workload than any other academically-rigorous subjects.
    history's easy :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simcard2007)
    history's easy :sadnod:
    So that's why you got scared and dropped it? Yep yep! :yep: :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by My Tosis Is...?)
    I'm taking; biology, chemistry, history and maths

Is the workload of biology and history too much?
    Anyone on here that does the two subjects tell me how they found it

(I'm an average student btw, not a super genius like the rest :p: )
    Yay for biology and history
    Personally, Biology AQA for me has been pretty easy- it's a lot like GCSE, except a hell of a lot more topics. Apparently Biology AS/A-level is the hardest step up from GCSE, but I'm not too sure about that. If you have a strong interest in Biology, it should be fine for you.
    As for History (AQA again for me), It's been my favourite subject so far. At first it seemed really difficult but then all of a sudden, it just clicked And for me, the time periods of unit 1 and unit 2 overlap, which is really useful because sections like the First World War and the Moroccan Crises keep coming up again.
    They're a lot more work than my other subjects, but also my favourites.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJkG.1)

:hmmm: You must be crazy to find such uber interesting subjects boring.
    :p:

I do History and Biology and i find the workload of history so much more manageable than Biology. The workload of both is okay though so don't worry, if you find them interesting you shouldbe able to cope quite easily

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Do you have any savings?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.