This discussion is closed.
Mr White
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
Always a possibility. Though my iq is only 145, and I registered another 180something on this one. I'd hate to think that someone like my brother would score higher on this. I'm pretty sure he'd settle for a 150, though an 85 would be more accurate.
Only 7 people have scored over 200 on an official IQ test (Iluvatar is not one of them - despite what he says). The highest recorded IQ ever belongs to Marilyn vos Savant, who has 228. Second highest is Robert Jarvik (inventor of the artificial heart), who has 216.
Sire
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Mr White)
Only 7 people have scored over 200 on an official IQ test (Iluvatar is not one of them - despite what he says). The highest recorded IQ ever belongs to Marilyn vos Savant, who has 228. Second highest is Robert Jarvik (inventor of the artificial heart), who has 216.
I could have sworn the number of scores registered over 200 was more like 15-16. What about that Stephen Hawking? He is supposed to be right up there too isn't he?
Mr White
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
I could have sworn the number of scores registered over 200 was more like 15-16. What about that Stephen Hawking? He is supposed to be right up there too isn't he?
190 exactly for SH. That puts him in the top 60, though.
Anna
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
i got 121...i dont believe in these iq tests anyway.
androidkiller
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
What a load of garbage. The only vaguely realistic one on the Internet was the BBC's test the nation, and that wasn't great as it was multiple choice. I got 134 on that one. When I was tired.

Are the people who send off for these certificates the same ones who sent money thinking the had to to claim their prize from the Canadian Lottery?
MC Hawking
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
From doing online tests my IQ has ranged from 90-150 suggesting its all a load of crap.

IQ comes down mainly to how good you are at doing the tests. Also if you're bad at maths you will do badly in an IQ test but you know me able to explain to somebody in great detail how the River Mersey was formed how the internet works in great detail for example.
MC Hawking
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
From doing online tests my IQ has ranged from 90-150 suggesting its all a load of crap.

IQ comes down mainly to how good you are at doing the tests. Also if you're bad at maths you will do badly in an IQ test but you know me able to explain to somebody in great detail how the River Mersey was formed how the internet works in great detail for example.
from your poor use of language, 90 sounds like a reasonable estimate for you
Electric Magic
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by haakon)
Interesting to see that no one says they think their iq is bellow 100. Read an article somewhere that it is just as common to underestimate ones own iq as it is to overestimate it, so either the people who go to uk-learning are generally smarter than avreage, or they're generally over-confident. Well can't really say anything as i also entered a pretty high score.
It's probably because we're all such a bunch of intelligent people Seriously though, I think the average IQ in most schools in the UK would probably lie around 130.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by MC Hawking)
Forgive me if my langauge is not 100% acurate but I have been up since 6:30am and I am very tired, I have also been coding a java program for the last hour, so my find it not exactly in best shape right now.
MC Hawking
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Forgive me if my langauge is not 100% acurate but I have been up since 6:30am and I am very tired, I have also been coding a java program for the last hour, so my find it not exactly in best shape right now.
you are forgiven
serious narb
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by MC Hawking)
you can be so harsh sometimes......
ThunderCat8
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I must say, I'm surprised. This has given me an IQ of 115. The funny thing is on Emode, I have an IQ of 115 and when I took the BBC tv IQ test I got 115. LOL!

I guess my IQ is 115!

I did however send of to do a home mensa test. I didn't cheat or anything, and I got an IQ of 148 or something crazy! Enough for me to get into Mensa if I wanted to pay to do the proper test, in exam conditions etc. I just think it was a flukey IQ test, the last question was a mathsy style one which I did in about 2 minutes and I felt it was a question that "should" have taken longer!!

Well, I didn't take the "proper" Mensa test, I didn't see the point. I satisfied myself that I could be in Mensa...whether or not I would have proved that in the second test I don't know, but who cares!

IQ of 115 is alright isn't it. I'm happy!
~Sam~
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by *Riz*)
Yeah I did the first 20 questions, then got bored so clicked the rest at random just to get to the end and still got over 100! Mad....somehow I don't think this was a real test!!
Yeah same.
MC Hawking
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by ThunderCat8)
I must say, I'm surprised. This has given me an IQ of 115. The funny thing is on Emode, I have an IQ of 115 and when I took the BBC tv IQ test I got 115. LOL!

I guess my IQ is 115!

I did however send of to do a home mensa test. I didn't cheat or anything, and I got an IQ of 148 or something crazy! Enough for me to get into Mensa if I wanted to pay to do the proper test, in exam conditions etc. I just think it was a flukey IQ test, the last question was a mathsy style one which I did in about 2 minutes and I felt it was a question that "should" have taken longer!!

Well, I didn't take the "proper" Mensa test, I didn't see the point. I satisfied myself that I could be in Mensa...whether or not I would have proved that in the second test I don't know, but who cares!

IQ of 115 is alright isn't it. I'm happy!
it's alright for most burger king employees. put it down on your cv, it might help get you a job
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
IQ is not everything it just means you're good at the tests and good at logic and maths. You may be good at logic but quite slow at thinking it out.

Life experience is far more important than IQ tests, for example work experience, qualifcations etc.
MC Hawking
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
IQ is not everything it just means you're good at the tests and good at logic and maths. You may be good at logic but quite slow at thinking it out.

Life experience is far more important than IQ tests, for example work experience, qualifcations etc.
whatever you say, cab driver
riffraff
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
130- i guessed the last 20 or so because I got bored.

hmm- my lowest yet. so far my scores have ranged from 130 (this test) to somewhere around the 160s to 170s range. guess it really depends on the day youre having and whether the type of questions you are used to come up.

besides, didn't one of the guys who played a major role in discovering DNA have a measured IQ of 120?
Barny
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Mr White)
Where did you get this info from?
lgs98jonee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
i got 126 but in a 'proper' iq test i got higher than that
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (313)
52.96%
No (278)
47.04%

Watched Threads