Turn on thread page Beta

Thinking of making a PIANO FORUM (NOT A NORMAL BORING ONE :p) watch

ReputationRep:
    Heya well im into the piano not very good but hopefully one day i will. Anyways i was thinking i dont know if it will work but making a piano forum. They might be 1 or 2 out there but when i say piano forum i dont mean any normal one. I mean like one which gives sheet music i mean post links for each and every song and also people post there version and also people post tutorials etc. Also was thinking like have a translator for sheet music. As in like all the sheet music in ABCDEFG (no site does that i checked :P) . Im not doing it for money doing it for fun because i love the piano. Do you think it will work?

(Might be some spelling mistakes above. I typed it really fast)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knight1)
    Also was thinking like have a translator for sheet music. As in like all the sheet music in ABCDEFG (no site does that i checked :P)
    Any idea what a useless mess that would produce? Sheet music exists for a reason. It is the only existing protocol for writing sufficiently interpretable music.

ReputationRep:
    IM me if you want any compositions...

ReputationRep:
    Please don't.....
    People don't need any more encouragement to not read music.
    They need to stop being lazy and learn to read notation!

ReputationRep:
    Hmm... I can see where you're coming from but music can't really be properly notated, especially not for piano where two hands often need to move independently, without using traditional 'notes' - using the letters cannot communicate details such as ties, accents, tempo markings and most importantly of all, timing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HoVis)
    Hmm... I can see where you're coming from but music can't really be properly notated, especially not for piano where two hands often need to move independently, without using traditional 'notes' - using the letters cannot communicate details such as ties, accents, tempo markings and most importantly of all, timing!
    Yeah i get what you mean. I get the other stuff but i will also have sheet music for all that stuff. This is just a bonus for people who cant read sheet music and just want like the beginning of the song. I think it might work but not sure :P

ReputationRep:
    You'll also have to think carefully about copywriting - there are pretty stringent rules regarding the reproduction of sheet music, unless you intend to stick to pieces whose copyright have expired. (Ooh, check out the choral public domain library for tons of old sheet music!)

Poll
Do you have any savings?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.