is there anyway to gain muscle weight and chest muscle with no bench presses? Watch

Lolicon
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I only have:
2 3LB dumb bells
1 yoga mat
1 bicycle machine

as weight equipment...
i want to gain weight by getting some tricep/chest muscle...
how do i do that with no bench press? i got no money to buy equipment.
teriaki
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Weighted push ups (wear a backpack filled with weights while doing them). But the best solution would still be to join a gym where you have access to an array of equipment.
Planto
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Join a gym.

3lb dumbbells?

Join a gym.
WarmEye
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I was a little concerned when you listed the three pound dumbbells, but as soon as I saw that you had a bicycle machine I figured all was good.

Simple. Practice lifting the bicycle machine.

I'm too lazy to list out step by step what you should do, I'll let someone else do that for me. However I'll list a few basics.

So you want chest and tricep muscles? Good choices. 'Course you'll have to exercise your whole body (balence is good!). You're not going to get it with three pound dumbbells though. I'll tell you that much.

Is it possible for you to speak to you parents and ask them to pay for a gym membership for you? If not, ask them if they'd buy you a weight set. If not, try to get a job. That isn't going to work either? Well...

You can always do push ups. Oh yes, push ups. Before someone comes in here yellin' at me for recommending weird ****, I'm not done talking yet!

Push-ups. Sounds simple yes? Start off with a number. A big number. I'm kidding. Say you can only do ten push-ups. Okay. Do ten repetitions of push ups, which would be one set for you. Rest and wait two to three minutes in between, then do another set (10 reps). Rest two to three minutes, and then do another set. 10 sets (100 push ups spread out) will wear you down pretty good (I'm here assuming).

You will have to rest and let your body recover itself, at least two days (considering) that you're just starting out). Eat well (yummy proteins, less carbs, internet is your friend), rest well, train hard yes? Of course the routine on push-ups I listed was just an example. Tailor it to your own abilities and needs.

After a while you'll find that 100 push-ups are way too easy for you. That's okay. Increase the amount. Ooo but here's the tricky part. You'll get to a point where push-ups will no longer be effective for you. "But I still can't do 200 push-ups in a row Nuance!" That's okay.

You see after a while, push-ups will no longer effectively build up your muscles. Mmm yea, muscle memory. Yes! Your muscles have memory! Well it just no longer will become effective in building mass for you. You'll be stuuuuck, on a plateau. Doesn't that sound like fun?

Your body weight will no longer be enough to effectively build mass, mmm effective. That's another funny word. Enemy combatant, another funny phr-oh sorry. Moving on. You'll need weight.

Either buy weights, join a gym, or load up a backpack full of books and continue your routines. Seriously.

There's a looooot I left out. A lot that you should be looking up by yourself, on the internet. You can easily look up anything relating to this matter. Various exercises, variations on push-ups, proper diets, etc. Srs. It's not that hard. You don't need me to hold your hand anymore. It's okay, you can fly now.
lol_wut
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
do dips between two chairs
Peter North
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
what the hell is that bullshiz I just read in the post above lol

edit: above lul wut
cocacola786
Report 9 years ago
put your legs up on something high whilst doing press ups so more weight is on your chest and arms. you can add weights to your back as someone mentioned above. put your arms wide apart to work your chest more. bring the hands closer together to work the triceps more.
Adonis
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
lmao

so you want the percolating pectorals?
TheLouisVuittonDon
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i'm laughing pretty hard at the moment, so thanks for that.

Lolicon
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by Adonis)
lmao

so you want the percolating pectorals?
Explain your enigmatic terminologies. :beard:
P1mP
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Lolicon)
I only have:
2 3LB dumb bells
1 yoga mat
1 bicycle machine

as weight equipment...
Dude, you can still build..there's alotta stuff you can do..I'll post you a routine or something..jus PM me later
Marc908
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
even though the guy who said it is now banned... I like the idea of benching the bicycle machine...
TheMarkedCard
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If you can, definately join a gym as they have a machine dedicated to the pectorals which also works the bicep and tricep muscle.

Also, watch your diet to ensure that you are eating enough. You cannot build muscle unless you think big and eat big (of the right sort of foods etc, lots of protein and plenty of carbs before a workout, low fat).
tomrenwick
Report 9 years ago
Press ups! The most underestimated chest exercise IMO. Slow the tempo down, shift you weight to one side to put much more weight on one side, eventually moving on to one handed push ups. This will build muscle and strength effectively. Or get someone to push on your back whilst you are doing them if they get easy. Tom
manhuntworld
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Lolicon)
I only have:
2 3LB dumb bells
1 yoga mat
1 bicycle machine

as weight equipment...
yes i think everone agrees that pressups is the classic non weighted workout for the chest. also as its a compound excersise you will be working more than your chest out, so triceps, abs etc. try alternating the hand positions of the pressup. go wide grip then, closer grip to target the inner pecs and triceps. dips between chairs as someone else said, would be good for triceps, also doing chest dips. so bend over slightly when you do the dip to target your upper chest.

as everyone else says though, you are limited to what you can so with you chest with very little equipment at hand. Suggest going to a gym to do some proper chest workouts with heavy weights and low reps to build the mass and strength up in your chest.
jimber
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Diamond press ups are great for working the chest
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (76)
27.34%
No (202)
72.66%

Watched Threads