Turn on thread page Beta

MSc Social Work watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I was just wondering if anyone has been to or is intending on going to Stirling uni to do the MSc Social Work course?
    I have a conditional for the 2009 entry but was wanting some advise on funding, the course, placements and the uni in general.
    I am waiting to hear from Caledonian & Edinburgh uni too but think I might stick with Stirling providing it sounds alright....

Any help would be much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I had applied to Stirling for msc social work but I withdrew as I had offers from Durham and Edinburgh. I don't know much about Stilring but I did quite like the sound of the dept and course, they seemed quite friendly there. I also applied to the Cal but have not heard anything.

The info I have about funding is that the Unis have to nominate candidates for the bursary to the SSSC and then the SSSC make a decision on the applications they receive. I was told at Edinburgh they have 35 places and approx 20-22 will receive the bursary.

I know that if Scottish residents go to English Unis though that we don't get anything at all!

es

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Yeah I heard that too.
    I've received a conditional from Stirling so far and just waiting to hear from Edinburgh and Cal. Got open days with them both next week so hopefully will shed some light.
    I read on the Stirling website that they receive SSSC funding for 27 students but just worried that I might not get one after applying and being accepted!
    Stirling is my first choice but just worried about the funding issue. Maybe I'll contact them and see what they say...

Thanks
    Natasha

University open days

• University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.