The Student Room Group

How do you file your school/college/university notes?

Well basically i'm a complete mess, i just have pieces of paper all over my room lol.
Its time to sort myself out though, so i'm thinking of ring binders.

HOWEVER, is it just me or is it a bit of a chore to holepunch every single piece of paper? (a lot of handouts etc, which we make notes on)
i'm thinking of just putting the handouts in plastic wallets and then put the plastic wallets in ringbinders, is this a good idea/

on a side note, where is the cheapest place i can buy stationery, wilkinsons etc.

Scroll to see replies

I have one folder for each of my three A Levels. I put plastic wallets and dividers into them and then organise the sheets like that.
Reply 2
I use seperate files for each subject, but I just punch every sheet. But then, I did that as I went along. It would be a hassle to start hole-punching them all now. Get poly pockets and put your sheets in them.

You can get cheap stationery in most supermarkets including Asda and Tesco.
Reply 3
Norfolkadam
I have one folder for each of my three A Levels. I put plastic wallets and dividers into them and then organise the sheets like that.

cool.
i know this sounds silly, but i feel that with a folder for each A level, that will just make me stressed and realise how much work we have.
however if i just put important notes for all subjects in one folder, (separated of course) than i dont get stressed.
stupid i know! i want to get organsised like you norfolkdam lol
Reply 4
hannahhi
I use seperate files for each subject, but I just punch every sheet. But then, I did that as I went along. It would be a hassle to start hole-punching them all now. Get poly pockets and put your sheets in them.

You can get cheap stationery in most supermarkets including Asda and Tesco.

you mean plastic wallets yeah?
i don't. After making notes, i throw them away. I revise from textbooks...filing notes = too much hassle. :biggrin:
Reply 6
laroux555
you mean plastic wallets yeah?

Probably? I call them poly pockets. Same thing.
Reply 7
In a big pile on the floor :redface: Every now and then, when I have a few hours spare and have run out of things to procrastinate with, I'll sort them into files. That's a rarity though, it's a wonder I ever get anything done!
I don't like plastic folders; you can't organize them that much.

I've used both binders with tabs and accordion files.
Reply 9
FutureMedic!
i don't. After making notes, i throw them away. I revise from textbooks...filing notes = too much hassle. :biggrin:

wow and from ur sig i see u do really well!!!!

thats weird, i never revise from notes and usually do bad.... lol:smile:
Reply 10
They're filed under my bed.
I keep them down my trousers. Engage with them that way.
Reply 12
lol
Reply 13
I never made notes. I was laaaazy :no:

I'm not anymore though, uni shall be different!! I hope!!:unsure:
Reply 14
I've got one folder, with dividers for each module of my degree. I put all the handouts into different plastic wallets.. A tad messy but it works!

You can get cheap stationery at Wilko's, ASDA, Tesco, your student union (if you're at Uni) and soooooometimes at WHSmith. If there's a sale on, or you look hard enough! :smile:
Reply 15
fourleaf
I've got one folder, with dividers for each module of my degree. I put all the handouts into different plastic wallets.. A tad messy but it works!

You can get cheap stationery at Wilko's, ASDA, Tesco, your student union (if you're at Uni) and soooooometimes at WHSmith. If there's a sale on, or you look hard enough! :smile:

cool,

my worry with that though is: what if you lose that one folder??
all your notes are gone and you're doomed!!!:eek3:
Reply 16
On my mac
Reply 17
a_t
On my mac

so you take your mac into lessons?!
what if ur mac gets stolen lol
Reply 18
when in need of stationary, i relise how much i miss woolworths!
i must have bought about 5 years worth before it shut down!
Reply 19
i know i miss woolworths so much i used to always go there!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending