Depressed.. Time To give up? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
basically this was my fourth year of college, every year something comes up (family, ex, financial) and this year iv had to quit college so close to the end. my father has had a stroke, my uncle has died from a heart attack and my other uncle has had a heart attack also. my parents are forcing me to get work and im sure as many of you know, no matter how many cv's you give out its all about luck. i need to get a degree and get away from family but do you think maybe i should think about quitting higher education, its really depressing me keeping it all in my head

what you think?
DayneD89
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It must be annoying, but dont give up if you can help it!
museobsessed
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
my dad had a stroke 3 years ago, PM if you want to chat
MartialLaw
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
hmm
Anonymous #1
everyone is telling me to give up and just random taunting in my family, theyr realli unsupportive
neigh
Report 9 years ago
is there a local connexions adviser you can chat with?
if you want to get away and get higher education, they may be able to help?
neigh
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
everyone is telling me to give up and just random taunting in my family, theyr realli unsupportive
they're probably as stressed as you are and are unsure how to handle things
don't give up education - it may be harder to get back into it at a later date, it will also give you a focus and distraction from the **** that's going on atm

good luck
Anonymous #1
thanks, connexions i think to be honest are the worst place to go to, if your over a certain age they refuse to help you, like your not a person anymore..

hello?
how old are you?
20?
close the door on your way out....

!!!
dadude
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I can relate to you a bit mate, my parents also are really unsupportive in my education and dont want me to go to uni as well as other stuff that keeps piling up, it just makes you really depressed when you keep thinking about it. I am not sure how much help i can give you lol as we're kinda in the same boat but just follow your heart and do what you want to do. If you wanna go to uni then thats your right.
Anonymous #1
Dont know what to do , start again in sep
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (206)
18.61%
No (673)
60.79%
Not really bothered about them (228)
20.6%

Watched Threads