Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I really want a pair of Dr Martens - these ones specifically -

However, I am five foot and a peanut, size ten waist but with a large bum and largeish thighs for it, so I would really prefer to wear skirts with them.

Does anyone have any suggestions of what I could wear them with?

ReputationRep:
    Like this?

ReputationRep:
    or for something maybe a little more practical, what about this?

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Halle Burton)
    or for something maybe a little more practical, what about this?

:rolleyes:
    OMG lilek Tatu are totes my idols, I sooo have to copy them.

Thanks for the first pic - that's a thought, but I'm not sure I have the legs to pull it off :p:

ReputationRep:
    Miley Cyrus rocks the look:

ReputationRep:
    purple leggings with Docs and bat skirt:

a shock of hot pink makes it pop:

ReputationRep:

You seem to have an epic knowledge/collection/Google search of Dr Martens in pop culture. This is brilliant, thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatwhichiam)
    You seem to have an epic knowledge/collection/Google search of Dr Martens in pop culture. This is brilliant, thank you

Here's another (can u tell i'm bored? :lol):

so you've got the classic tartan, the tights, the floaty skirt, the neo-goth, and the glam-punk looks.

hopefully one of them will work.

ReputationRep:
    And three more:

A nice, student-y way to wear your D.M.'s...

the little, black, Zara dress look...

and Forever 21 takes on Doc Martens (w/ leggings all by themselves)...

hopefully that will help.

ReputationRep:
    Nooo! Don't do it!
    It will completley cut off your legs making them look really short!

ReputationRep:
    I think you should go for them. Perhaps some leather shorts and some luminous leg warmers in combination with an old Luftwaffe jacket and flying helmet. For that I'd recommend the shocking pink boots of course. You'll be the prettiest princess at the ball!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raymundo87)
    I think you should go for them. Perhaps some leather shorts and some luminous leg warmers in combination with an old Luftwaffe jacket and flying helmet. For that I'd recommend the shocking pink boots of course. You'll be the prettiest princess at the ball!
    Sod off.

ReputationRep:

But she IS about all of what, 15? Does the OP want to look like a 15 year old?

ReputationRep:
    I have those purple docs!

Shorter skirts with tights? That way you'll still have some leg on show! Can wear them with jeans and shorts too

ReputationRep:
    If you've got a 'large bum and thighs', do not even attempt to wear Doc Martins with skirts. It makes even the skinniest legs look chubby, and you have to be very tall to get away with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatwhichiam)
    Sod off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_v)
    If you've got a 'large bum and thighs', do not even attempt to wear Doc Martins with skirts. It makes even the skinniest legs look chubby, and you have to be very tall to get away with it.
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kathryn128)
    :ditto:
    Yea... Have to agree. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    pretty horrible style.

ReputationRep:
    The medium/long Docs (16 eyelets, I think) are probably a better idea if you want to wear skirts, they tend to make your legs look more in proportion although they do cut off your calves near their widest point so it depends how comfortable you are with the lower halves of your legs.

With the ankle length version, I recommend either above-the-knee kilt skirts or nearly ankle length. Black tights and stripy knee-length socks with either looks great, although you'll need to be careful to wear a solid block of colour on your body (e.g. a one-coloured fitted dress) to make sure you don't end up looking too tiny! Flared jeans are also good as they'll balance out your hips and still make your DMs look great. With the calf-length version you can wear any length of skirt and the colours aren't such a problem as they tend to be more flattering full-stop, even if they're not quite so iconic.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.