Turn on thread page Beta

Could somebody tell me how one part of the 'A' level system works?

I have taken all six papers for an 'A' level in one go. I am certain that I shall land an A grade.
    As this is my first sitting, what is the procedure? If I do get an 'A' do I have to tell them that I
    wish to stand with the results that I have picked up, i.e I do not wish to retake any of the papers,
    or do they assume that?

--
    MESSAGE ENDS. John Porcella

In article <[email protected] om>, [email protected] says...
    [q1]> Could somebody tell me how one part of the 'A' level system works?[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> I have taken all six papers for an 'A' level in one go. I am certain that I shall land an A grade.[/q1]
    [q1]> As this is my first sitting, what is the procedure? If I do get an 'A' do I have to tell them that[/q1]
    [q1]> I wish to stand with the results that I have picked up, i.e I do not wish to retake any of the[/q1]
    [q1]> papers, or do they assume that?[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> --[/q1]
    [q1]> MESSAGE ENDS. John Porcella[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    It depends on the subject code under which you were entered. Candidates who are approaching the
    final A2 get entered under an aggregating code. See e.g. www.ocr.org.uk/develop/jcgqasa.pdf and ask
    your exam officer.

SW

"John Porcella" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    [q1]> Could somebody tell me how one part of the 'A' level system works?[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> I have taken all six papers for an 'A' level in one go. I am certain that[/q1]
    I
    [q1]> shall land an A grade. As this is my first sitting, what is the[/q1]
    procedure?
    [q1]> If I do get an 'A' do I have to tell them that I wish to stand with the results that I have picked[/q1]
    [q1]> up, i.e I do not wish to retake any of the papers, or do they assume that?[/q1]

Look on your statement of entry. If there is an item (usually with an entry code starting with 8 or
    9) that doesn't represent a specific paper, then chances are this is the certification code which
    will cause your modules to be cashed in and a grade issued. If you don't have that then you'll get 6
    module results and nothing more.

However I believe you can apply for a late certification once you have the results, and i also
    believe this costs money.

HTH

Peter

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.