This discussion is closed.
John Porcella
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
Could somebody tell me how one part of the 'A' level system works?

I have taken all six papers for an 'A' level in one go. I am certain that I shall land an A grade.
As this is my first sitting, what is the procedure? If I do get an 'A' do I have to tell them that I
wish to stand with the results that I have picked up, i.e I do not wish to retake any of the papers,
or do they assume that?

--
MESSAGE ENDS. John Porcella
Stuart Williams
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
In article <[email protected] om>, [email protected] says...
[q1]> Could somebody tell me how one part of the 'A' level system works?[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> I have taken all six papers for an 'A' level in one go. I am certain that I shall land an A grade.[/q1]
[q1]> As this is my first sitting, what is the procedure? If I do get an 'A' do I have to tell them that[/q1]
[q1]> I wish to stand with the results that I have picked up, i.e I do not wish to retake any of the[/q1]
[q1]> papers, or do they assume that?[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> --[/q1]
[q1]> MESSAGE ENDS. John Porcella[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
It depends on the subject code under which you were entered. Candidates who are approaching the
final A2 get entered under an aggregating code. See e.g. www.ocr.org.uk/develop/jcgqasa.pdf and ask
your exam officer.

SW
Peter Lloyd
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
"John Porcella" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
[q1]> Could somebody tell me how one part of the 'A' level system works?[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> I have taken all six papers for an 'A' level in one go. I am certain that[/q1]
I
[q1]> shall land an A grade. As this is my first sitting, what is the[/q1]
procedure?
[q1]> If I do get an 'A' do I have to tell them that I wish to stand with the results that I have picked[/q1]
[q1]> up, i.e I do not wish to retake any of the papers, or do they assume that?[/q1]

Look on your statement of entry. If there is an item (usually with an entry code starting with 8 or
9) that doesn't represent a specific paper, then chances are this is the certification code which
will cause your modules to be cashed in and a grade issued. If you don't have that then you'll get 6
module results and nothing more.

However I believe you can apply for a late certification once you have the results, and i also
believe this costs money.

HTH

Peter
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Had lockdown impacted your relationships?

Yes, my partner and I are struggling (42)
7.85%
Yes, my partner and I broke up (42)
7.85%
Yes, it's hard being around my family so much (128)
23.93%
Yes, I'm feeling lonely isolating alone (73)
13.64%
No, nothing has changed (165)
30.84%
No, it's helped improve my relationships (85)
15.89%

Watched Threads