Turn on thread page Beta

i got my exam results back the other day and they have come out as Us. i know that january exams are not the best and yet my parents are going to flip. i have told my mum who is now lecturing me if i look like im going to take one step outside the front door that i should be working, and she thinks i am not taking any responsibility on myself. truth is neither of my parents actually know me, they dont know i used to have depression, that i self harmed, that my ex tried to rape me, and that at the moment thoughts of ending it are so nice! my college friends are trying to get me to not take it on myself saying it was the teachers-or rather lack of- but i dont believe that. there is nothing in my life at the moment that can keep me going, apart from a club that i go to. my father has just decided to point out that theres no way im going to get the job i want or into the uni that i want, and my sister couldnt care less, shes too busy at uni with her friends. i dont know what to do anymore, i am doing all the work i can, according to everyone outside of my house too much, but my parents think they are doing best for me and are making everything worse. im lost.

ReputationRep:
    you know what you must do, kick ass in those June exams get to your ambition and thorw it back in yohr parents faces. take charge, and get the results you want.

ReputationRep:
    2 years ago, I got my January results for the first time and was severely disappointed! I thought in my mind I was doing all that I could, but this was again proved wrong when I got my June results.

I re-took the year with a fresh attitude, asking questions all the time until I fully understood what we were going though in class; It's far too easy to trick yourself into thinking you
    understand.

Sometimes it's not your fault that you don't understand a topic, it's the way the teacher has explained it. For example when I'm telling someone a story, I know the outcome so it's easy for me to skip important bits out; Teachers do the same.

Two years on I've got offers at dental schools and I've turned my schooling around. I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's never too late to do this!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 21, 2009
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.