Turn on thread page Beta

How hard is it to make friends at University? watch

Announcements

i'm only 17 at the moment, but my physical appearance is quite crap, i look much younger and i'm a bit fat
    i'm working on that though, i will try to grow a few more inches (height!) and lose some weight before uni

at the moment i don't really have any close friends, i really want to make some good friends for life at university, but i'm just looking forword now and i'm wondering if my appearance will hinder my chances to make friends?

my confidence is ok, i can get comfortable with people that i get to know and i'm quite fun and funny (i'm told) so i think in that way i'll be ok

any suggestions/comments?

ReputationRep:
    Its easy as pie. Everyone is in the same boat, and willing to make friends with anyone and everyone

(Original post by sarCAZm)
    Its easy as pie. Everyone is in the same boat, and willing to make friends with anyone and everyone
    even if you're quite weird looking like me?
    i'm overweight and look too much younger than i am

ReputationRep:
    I know what you feeling like, i'm feeling the same. I am really shy when it comes to meeting new people and don't really know how to act, but some people mistake it for me being ignorant! I think that because everyone is in the same position it will be the same for a lot of people. I visited my friends Uni once and every one looked totally different in her block. There was fat and skinny people, i don't like labelling people but there were 'Goths' 'Emo's' and 'Chavs' there as well. Everyone seemed to get on perfectly fine and spent the whole time laughing. SO i really don't think it will matter what you look like. hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    even if you're quite weird looking like me?
    i'm overweight and look too much younger than i am

Yep.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 21, 2009
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.