Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am on O2, and I know the network coverage has a tendency to be appalling at times. I'm just wondering if I'll have to change network before I go.

Can anyone help me out? Anyone at Durham who's on O2?

ReputationRep:
    its quite good in durham im on o2. Just in some of the shops an stuff in town its not that great but usually its quite good.

ReputationRep:
    im not sure about o2, but stay away from t-mobile, its terrible up there...and most places come to think of it

ReputationRep:
    I'm on O2 and it was fine when I was there in the summer.

ReputationRep:
    Ok thanks

ReputationRep:
    I'm on o2 and I think it's pretty good tbf although, it's the best of the mobile networks IMO

ReputationRep:
    I had full reception at Mildert yesterday

ReputationRep:
    How about vodafone?

I haven't even decided to go yet but I'm already worrying about that. :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frederizia)
    How about vodafone?

I haven't even decided to go yet but I'm already worrying about that. :tongue:
    I had to go outside of Cuths bar to get a decent signal, but generally it's fine.

ReputationRep:
    O2 is absolutely fine, but not in any of the college bars I've been to for some reason.

ReputationRep:
    From what I could tell, O2 was just about the only network which actually worked in Durham!

ReputationRep:
    I can tell you from personal experience that T-Mobile absolutely sucks, I barely got any signal at all, only in the centre of town, up at Mildert college it sucked, so I'd avoid T-Mobile, but O2 sounds OK

ReputationRep:
    I'm on O2 and have loads of issues with signal in my accommodation, and also in my college bar and dining room - not so much in town though. Maybe it depends where in Durham you are?!

Weirdly Orange seems to be quite good, although it's rubbish everywhere else!

ReputationRep:
    Orange is rubbish in the centre of town. Apparently 02 and 3 have good coverage in Durham.

ReputationRep:
    I got no 02 coverage in my room on the bailey when I stayed on the open days and also none in the cuths bar. It was really annoying!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    O2 seemed to be fine when I visited last week, I could check my emails on it in Varsity

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WokSz)
    Orange is rubbish in the centre of town. Apparently 02 and 3 have good coverage in Durham.
    I noticed that when I was up there...Some areas were full signal whilst others had no signal atall, but in the college it seemed pretty good. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I was at the Cuth's open day and could NOT get any o2 signal in college

in town it was all fine

x

ReputationRep:
    i have t-mobile and its shocking. friends on 02 have no troubles.

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.