ok...NOW im confused... Watch

TarantuLove
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
The usual 'so there's this guy' thread :redface:

He would speak to me like everyday on msn (start the convo) and we would text each other quite often (almost everyday im guessing?) but when I went to work with him just under a week ago he didn't say a word to me!

I don't think I've done anything to offend him...? :eek:
omlette
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Awww maybe he's just shy....
JayAyy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Go to him instead? Don't expect him to come up to you because you may end up disappointed.
Davezk
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
He's just shy, why don't you speak to him rather than wait for him to speak to you? Why should the onus be on him? If you like him, make a bit more effort!
TarantuLove
Rep:
?
Thanks guys Well I did try and talk to him but I got v tongue tied and couldn't put any words together to form a sentence :rolleyes:
Davezk
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Maybe he is worried you're too good for him and feels intimidated by your good looks in person.
JayAyy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by TarantuLove)
Thanks guys Well I did try and talk to him but I got v tongue tied and couldn't put any words together to form a sentence :rolleyes:
Try bringing up something he said in the text, like: 'oh, what you said last night about [insert subject here] was funny/sad/something else.' Then continue from there.
jammiebreadman
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I agree with everyone here - he's probably just too shy to speak to you in person - it's a lot easier to start a conversation over msn or texts.
TarantuLove
Rep:
?
(Original post by Davezk)
Maybe he is worried you're too good for him and feels intimidated by your good looks in person.

i wish, i dont exactly have good looks :p: haha...can it make some guys forget how to string a sentence?
JayAyy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i wish, i dont exactly have good looks :p: haha...can it make some guys forget how to string a sentence?
Depends on the guy, sometimes it actually does though. So you probably are good looking. :p:
Davezk
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Makes you nervous. It's just a self confidence thing though I guess although I think nobody is too good for me because why should they be just because they got lucky genetically. It's on the inside where it counts.
TarantuLove
Rep:
?
(Original post by JayAyy)
Depends on the guy, sometimes it actually does though. So you probably are good looking. :p:
Well he is not much of a 'looker' himself persay, so maybe he is not v confident?

oh you men are so confusing :p:
Davezk
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Well he is not much of a 'looker' himself persay, so maybe he is not v confident?

Trust me, women are more confusing. At least we know what we want most of the time (o0ooo generalisation) :P

And saying he isn't much of a looker is probably why he didn't approach you. Not because he has no confidence but the way you're kind of looking down on him as being unattractive physically.
JayAyy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

Just as confusing as you women :p:

Good luck though
TarantuLove
Rep:
?
(Original post by Davezk)
Trust me, women are more confusing. At least we know what we want most of the time (o0ooo generalisation) :P

And saying he isn't much of a looker is probably why he didn't approach you. Not because he has no confidence but the way you're kind of looking down on him as being unattractive physically.
haha..i guess that came across wrong! i like him, but for other reasons, i.e he is not conventionally 'attractive' so he may not have a lot of self-confidence?

i dunno...i still stand by my comment of men being confusing! :p:
zav
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
haha..i guess that came across wrong! i like him, but for other reasons, i.e he is not conventionally 'attractive' so he may not have a lot of self-confidence?

i dunno...i still stand by my comment of men being confusing!
:p:
Men are simple, if you are confused think of the most obvious answer and 99% of the time that will be correct. :yep:

I think you should try making an effort with him since he is probably just too shy to approach you.
Davezk
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

i dunno...i still stand by my comment of men being confusing! :p:
So what is conventionally attractive and why is he different?
TarantuLove
Rep:
?
just to add, it was actually coming across as him being quite rude, he was talking to everyone else but me...he didnt even say hello!
ripeboss
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(: i think i experienced quite the same thing. the guy's probably just shy, heh. work on it!
TarantuLove
Rep:
?
i just hate how it is so awkward, and he is coming across as rude, so i feel like an idiot
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (540)
80.24%
Leave (133)
19.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise