Watch
This discussion is closed.
G4ry
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by dakhal)
No, most of the time the neons, fart can exhaust tips and useless spoilers end up making the car look tacky. especially when its still as slow as before.
No, you're wrong. It's slower than before

The air-fix body-kit and sub in the boot plus christmas-tree lighting increase the weight and acceleration becomes even worse than the standard shopping car. The only way it becomes faster is if it's pushed down a hill.
jediknight007
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)

The air-fix body-kit and sub in the boot plus christmas-tree lighting increase the weight and acceleration becomes even worse than the standard shopping car. The only way it becomes faster is if it's pushed down a hill.
Lol, and hope it crashes into a wall at the end. I would love to see their faces when they go 'Oh my God! My beautiful car!', lol.

Well, I hope those who play their music loud really do go deaf because they deserve it. I still don't understand why they do it though. Is it to impress girls?
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)

hehe yep, it becomes faster downhill because of the extra weight increasing the force of gravity. The amount of extra stuff must seriously effect the aerodymanics.

But then most scallies know nothing about physics.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by jediknight007)
Lol, and hope it crashes into a wall at the end. I would love to see their faces when they go 'Oh my God! My beautiful car!', lol.

Well, I hope those who play their music loud really do go deaf because they deserve it. I still don't understand why they do it though. Is it to impress girls?
Yes I would say it is to impress the girls. The only girls it impresses are probably the ones which are not worth having anyway
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Or performance modifications. They think the F1 size spolier helps their down-force with going round the round-abouts.
Bigcnee
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by TickityBoo)
Nah, they're only illegal to have on whilst driving.
So why would you have them?
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
The annoying blue wind-screen wiper lights are illegal, because the only vehicles that are allowed to have blue lights are emergency vehicles. Don't even start about fog-lights either :mad:
nikk
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Although I am planning on buying a Totoyta Supra next month! 3.0 twin turbo!! Will not be buying an neon lights for it though
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by NikNak)
Although I am planning on buying a Totoyta Supra next month! 3.0 twin turbo with nitro injection!!! Will not be buying an neon lights for it thought
Do you mean nitrous oxide? :eek:
If so, good luck with insurance, you won't stand a chance. Nitrous oxide is a no-go area for insurance companies.

Which Toyota Supra? The older or newer model?
nikk
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
Do you mean nitrous oxide? :eek:
If so, good luck with insurance, you won't stand a chance. Nitrous oxide is a no-go area for insurance companies.

Which Toyota Supra? The older or newer model?
Well I modified the post for that reason - if insurance doesn't permit then the standard version. The newer model.
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by NikNak)
Well I modified the post for that reason - if insurance doesn't permit then the standard version. The newer model.
With the spoiler on the back :cool:

There's one down the road from me, very nice and quite rare too. What's happening with your pug then? How much were you looking to pay for the supra, what reg, what mileage?
nikk
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
With the spoiler on the back :cool:

There's one down the road from me, very nice and quite rare too. What's happening with your pug then? How much were you looking to pay for the supra, what reg, what mileage?
Am selling the beast! I'm going to be looking for one around 4-6k - reg and miles will depend on that. But I have seen plenty of the newer models around for that money.

Apparently it is cheaper to insure the 3.0 turbo than the normal 3.0 because the normal ones are all exports. Crazy but true!
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I like the lights at the back, very nice.

I'll take a look on a website to see how much they go for. They do tend to be Grey-imports. I don't know how much sense it makes that a turbo is cheaper to insure. I'd expect insurance to be very high for a 200+bhp (not sure of the exact figure.) I don't think mileage is too much of an issue because japanese cars last forever, just make sure you don't buy one with major problems.

Do you know much about the mechanics of the Supra?
nikk
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)

I'll take a look on a website to see how much they go for. They do tend to be Grey-imports. I don't know how much sense it makes that a turbo is cheaper to insure. I'd expect insurance to be very high for a 200+bhp (not sure of the exact figure.) I don't think mileage is too much of an issue because japanese cars last forever, just make sure you don't buy one with major problems.

I don't even know where to put the water lol but my brother is a mechanic so he always advises me on what to buy etc.
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
At that sort of price bracket you said, you'd be lucky to get much with under 100,000 miles. Why the supra? Do you need a car for university?
dakhal
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)

High mileage supras are a big red flag, especially those which are not naturally aspirated, I'd get it check throughly. make sure when you start it up cold and check for blue smoke from the exhaust. if its a manual(probably is) check that the clutch is all good.
pugnacious
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
btw, modifications do not slow a car down. exhausts and engine modifications (induction kits etc) are designed to increase powerflow- more bhps. the effect on cars with smaller engines however will not be as much as on cars with bigger engines.
dakhal
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by pugnacious)
btw, modifications do not slow a car down. exhausts and engine modifications (induction kits etc) are designed to increase powerflow- more bhps. the effect on cars with smaller engines however will not be as much as on cars with bigger engines.
We were going against visual mods, such as big rims, body kits, muffler tips and spoilers, not performance mods such as cold intakes or turbos.
nikk
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by dakhal)
We were going against visual mods, such as big rims, body kits, muffler tips and spoilers, not performance mods such as cold intakes or turbos.
Yeah like halve an aeroplane wing for a spoiler will only slow down a normal car to a crawl!
pugnacious
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
all of those mentioned above would not have a serious effect on the performance of the car. large alloys may hinder ride and stability at highg speeds, (possibly reduce top speed of car), apart from that the mods would have little effect.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling being back in school?

Happy (43)
23.24%
Unhappy (52)
28.11%
Conflicted (90)
48.65%

Watched Threads