who has neon lights on there car?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Michael Beaver
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
These modified cars do nothing but reveal the owners lack of understanding with regards to the physics required to make an effective automobile.

However, what really bothers me more than silly little neon lights is peoples' ignorance of what it required to drive a car at all, never mind quickly. Unless you have partaken in some sort of mechanical sport for several years you will not have developed the ability to fully control a motor vehicle. Road cars can be driven really badly without the driver losing control due to their design. This becomes obvious when you see these boy racers attempting to drive race cars with the inevitable first corner spin.

Unfortunately, its not just the obvious Vauxhall Nova brigade that are ignorant to their lack of driving ability. Its almost everybody. And the reason why every car journey doesn't result in an accident is because road cars have this inherent ability to control themselves. This is lost when the 'boy racer' starts changing their suspension setup which is when modified cars become dangerous.

What your father really wont like to hear is that he too, even with many years of road car driving experience, will be as useful as a 17yr learner when he comes to a patch of spilt diesel on a wet roundabout. Controlling a car is not something you can learn with day-to-day driving on the road and so driving quickly is a very bad thing to do.

But ofcourse you wouldn't speed now would you?
wiffmaster
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Dam)
Yes! Please see novas thread. Modified cars are crap and that includes pointless neon lights. Why do people who drive crap cars insist on drawing attention to them?
I couldn't agree more. As a great man once said 'A shined up piece of s**t is still a piece of s**t!
Sire
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by wiffmaster)
I couldn't agree more. As a great man once said 'A shined up piece of s**t is still a piece of s**t!
hehe I do like that. Who did say that anyway? Any ideas?
wiffmaster
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
Or performance modifications. They think the F1 size spolier helps their down-force with going round the round-abouts.
No, it won't, as the vast majority of these crap modded cars are front wheel drive (the wrong wheels), and a spoiler creates downforce at only the back, with the wheels which aren't being driven. So the front end of the car becomes 'lighter', which impairs steering and the back end increases weight, also impairing performance. Spoilers only work on rear wheel drive cars, on a front wheel drive, they not only hinder performance, but are also dangerous......yeah.....great modification.
azz
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
i have neons *inside* my car but not outside.

(btw on a new black renault clio 1.4 16v)
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by azz)
i have neons *inside* my car but not outside.

(btw on a new black renault clio 1.4 16v)
You also have too much money...new car!! who can afford a brand new car?
gunzi
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I think that modifying a car is not a pointless exercise. Providing it is done correctly. I'm not talking about add on parts like spoilers and splitters. I'm talking changing brakes, suspension and engine components. I drive a Vauxhall Nova, a car that is notorious for being associated with boy racers. However this car, with the correct modifications can be quick. My GTE managed 7.6 sec 0-60 at TRAX at Silverstone. Not bad considering it is a 1.6. Please feel free to make slanderous comments about me and my car, but remember some Novas swallow the Calibra 2l 16v Turbo lump. (lots of wheelspin and torque thru the front wheels, but with a weight of just 800kgs and over 200bhp = 250bhp per tonne, thats more than the new Focus RS..............
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
There's two groups: modders and maxxers. Modders actually improve the car's performance like you suggested you have done to your Nova. Maxxers buy body kits from Halfords and stick sub-woofers in their boot which make their car go slower.
Daveo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Whenever I see a modified car, I just laugh at the (usuaully) Loser who is driving it. Thinking he is something special as he has an exhaust that sounds like a tractor.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (71)
12.16%
Virtual campus tours/open days (142)
24.32%
Live streaming events (51)
8.73%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (55)
9.42%
A uni comparison tool (136)
23.29%
An in-person event when available (129)
22.09%