Failing my first year Watch

monkeyhead
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hi there,

Well basically I had some problems in the first semester which resulted in me having to receive counselling. Anyhow as a result I found the work and exams even harder and obviously didn't too particularly well.

Since then I've been doing new modules which are way above my head as they just seem to be pure maths and ive come to the conclusion that I cant do engineering maths and perhaps engineering isnt for me.

I'm going to finish till the end of the year even though its likely I'm going to fail quite bad, at least I can say ok i tried but failed and move on. I dont really want to pull out because theres only a few weeks left of term after easter as it is and if ive made it this far I might aswell still try and get what I can out of it.

Has anyone else or is anyone else currently in a simialr situation?:woo: :eek3:
Owly
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Please speak to your tutors and/or personal tutor, if you feel you can. It's not your fault that you had problems requiring counselling, but if this is impacting on your work, it's better to let people know before exams. Hopefully someone will be along with more relevant advice soon. Good luck.
monkeyhead
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by Owly)
Please speak to your tutors and/or personal tutor, if you feel you can. It's not your fault that you had problems requiring counselling, but if this is impacting on your work, it's better to let people know before exams. Hopefully someone will be along with more relevant advice soon. Good luck.
Cheers for the advice My tutors already know about it but still kinda feel like im just floating along without really knowing where im going. Its not a good feeling knowing your going to fail but its somthing ive accepted.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (50)
26.74%
No (137)
73.26%

Watched Threads