Turn on thread page Beta

Best software to rip iPod songs to PC? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Yo yo yo.

Can anyone recommend me some good software that would let me rip my iPod onto my PC? My hard drive went the other week and I had to get a new one, so obv. can't use iTunes anymore as all my songs are stuck on my iPod.

Really paranoid about losing all my songs, innit. Got loads on there which I'd never be able to retrieve again. :\

Any help/recommendations would be lush. (y)

ReputationRep:
    Prease? :P

ReputationRep:
    Found one.

ReputationRep:
    iTunes can do it.. I don't see the problem..

ReputationRep:
    Poddox

ReputationRep:
    Sharepod: http://www.getsharepod.com/

ReputationRep:
    iDump

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, you dont actually need any software...

All you need to do is go into My Computer, then go to "tools" at the top, and then into "folder option". After you have dont this, go into the "view" tab, and enable "show hidden files and folders".

Now go back into My Computer, and click on your iPod. There should be various folders, and within them are all your songs (may take some searching). Now just drag and drop your mp3 files back into your music folder like you would do usually when transfering files.

Let me know if this was any help to you.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all the replies, peeps! ^_^

(Original post by I-Ate-Cha)
    Hi there, you dont actually need any software...

All you need to do is go into My Computer, then go to "tools" at the top, and then into "folder option". After you have dont this, go into the "view" tab, and enable "show hidden files and folders".

Now go back into My Computer, and click on your iPod. There should be various folders, and within them are all your songs (may take some searching). Now just drag and drop your mp3 files back into your music folder like you would do usually when transfering files.

Let me know if this was any help to you.
    Wicked wicked wicked. Remember coming across all the files once, but then they didn't show again... Didn't know it was to do with the 'show hidden files and folders' option.

Chyarz!

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.