Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I was wondering which universities are considered to be good at Chemistry, if you know let me know plz.

P.S.: I looked at league tables but I'd rather like to know other peoples opinion

ReputationRep:
    Southampton

ReputationRep:
    Oxbridge and Imperial, nothing else

ReputationRep:
    Strathclyde!

I would look at the RAE results too: http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/...2008-chemistry

St Andrews is always consistently around 2/3. I believe we are currently 1st in the Guardian.

(Original post by cruciform)
    Oxbridge and Imperial, nothing else
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    UCL i think

ReputationRep:
    UCL's pretty low on the Chemistry department last i checked :O
    I believe they were tied 11th with Nottingham xD

P.S. When i say pretty low i meant in comparison to it's overall rank.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, Nottingham is ranked 2nd on the guardian o__o
    Dam, they're even above Oxfeezy and slightly below Cambridge for first Dx

I really want to take up my Biochemistry 09 offer at Nottingham now, it's just really far away >D

ReputationRep:
    Sussex!

ReputationRep:
    Glasgow

Oxbridge, Imperial, UCL, Warwick, Southampton, St Andrews, Edinburgh Most redbricks. Just what you would expect to be honest.

Liverpool give out 40% firsts.

Not Huddersfield

ReputationRep:
    I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Manchester. Excellent department, especially after the recent UMIST merger.

I was also quite impressed with Sheffield, which seems to have a strong biosciences connection going on.

I don't place much stock at all in the league tables. It's virtually impossible to objectively assess this kind of thing.

ReputationRep:
    UCL, st Andrews, Warrick, southmpton durham, dont worry about league table there very flawed

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 2, 2009

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.