Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Thinking of getting Sky. I'm currently in a poor area for internet speed and have been having problems with connectivity.

Any good? How reliable is it, have any of you had any problems with it? How good is the speed?

ReputationRep:
    All of your questions will depend upon your area/where you live, how far from the connection point etc etc.
    In general though, I hear Sky are OK, with some technical faults every so often.

You should look around before you buy a broadband package, there are many different companies providing different policies etc to suit your needs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nathsen)
    Thinking of getting Sky. I'm currently in a poor area for internet speed and have been having problems with connectivity.

Any good? How reliable is it, have any of you had any problems with it? How good is the speed?
    Is the problem with your ISP or your phone line? Changing ISP won't help if the physical media is poor, or you're too far from the exchange.

ReputationRep:
    i have sky broadband its great u get a free Wifi box so u can use the internet all over yr house. its £10 a month for unlimited use thats what im on. its a good contection the only thing that sometimes goes wrong it that the wifi box freezes but u just have to reset it for 10 seconds then its fine.i say defo go for it! there is also 24 hour support avaliable.

omg i sound like im an advert for sky broadband!! lol im defo not though!! lol

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 21, 2009
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.