The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
H.Patel
haha ... warwick ... = bad times - open day was awful last year.

haha by that are you refering to the speaker who couldn't string two words together without a whole load of um's and er's? It was quite painful :biggrin:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 21
Rob_dob
haha by that are you refering to the speaker who couldn't string two words together without a whole load of um's and er's? It was quite painful :biggrin:

yes i think so. he also said something about the offer being AAA and then we received an email saying he was wrong and it was AAB as it says in the prospectus. also there was a fire at the student union on the day too.

very unorganised imo.
Reply 22
H.Patel
haha ... warwick ... = bad times - open day was awful last year.

I stayed in willoughby hall last year for a week at notts ... and it was incredible and the campus is amasing, and the course suits me more...

personally notts outweighs LSE apart from reputation. and reputation is such a key part of a degree and so it makes this decision incredibly difficult.

Lol at the fire in the SU :biggrin:
I visited Willoughby hall on the open day, and it was quite nice. LSE obviously has an amazing reputation, but at the end of the day you want to enjoy the 3 years you spend at uni, and not look back and think they were unenjoyable.
Reply 23
Well I applied to LSE, Nottingham and Warwick and got rejected from LSE but received offers from Notts and Warwick. I turned down the Warwick offer (for the second time in my life), as I really did not like the whole feel of Warwick as it seemed to confined to it's own little bubble.

I instead took up the offer from Notts as I was always impressed with the beautiful campus and high reputation. I'm in my second year now, and I'm sure I made the right choice in terms of Notts and Warwick.

However, if I'm honest, if I received an offer from LSE, I would have snapped it up straight away, as LSE's reputation for Economics is even higher than that of Notts. Don't get me wrong, Economics at Notts is still highly respected, but LSE is LSE at the end of the day...

If you think that the social aspect of university is very important, you should probably go with Notts, as I'm sure you will need to put in a huge amount to work to do well at LSE. Notts is great as you get a good degree at the end of it, whilst being able to benefit from a great social scene and experience both a campus university and a university that is very close to a major city centre!

H.Patel
mate notts open day was amazing ... loves every bit and the lecturer dr tim lloyd i think was really funny. i went on the 25th i think ... could not make the 4th because of the snow.
what about you when did you go ?

Yep, Tim Lloyd is a great lecturer - he teaches one of the modules I'm taking this semester, and have enjoyed the module very much.
Reply 24
Yes Notts has a beautiful campus; yes its reputation is pretty good; and yes you might have a slightly better social life here. BUT, are you seriously considering turning down LSE?! :eek: Their Economics course is on a par with that of Cambridge.
And if IB is where you want to end up, there's no doubt that LSE is more likely to get you there than Notts. :smile:
Reply 25
elsa_89
Yes Notts has a beautiful campus; yes its reputation is pretty good; and yes you might have a slightly better social life here. BUT, are you seriously considering turning down LSE?! :eek: Their Economics course is on a par with that of Cambridge.
And if IB is where you want to end up, there's no doubt that LSE is more likely to get you there than Notts. :smile:

may even be better than cambridge but its all subjective.

yeah im not too sure about the IB, yeah it would get me some cash but i like the idea of doing a PhD and maybe teaching or lecturing. although IB would get me some money so that i can have a better standard of living and still teach or get a PhD and work in a job where i benefit the world and not myself after.
Reply 26
H.Patel
may even be better than cambridge but its all subjective.

yeah im not too sure about the IB, yeah it would get me some cash but i like the idea of doing a PhD and maybe teaching or lecturing. although IB would get me some money so that i can have a better standard of living and still teach or get a PhD and work in a job where i benefit the world and not myself after.

Err... spoken like a true prospective LSE student...
/Sarcasm :P
Reply 27
Haz313
Err... spoken like a true prospective LSE student...
/Sarcasm :P

ha well i think i should give back to education ... cos it gave me quiet a bit ... but some extra money would not be too bad ... :biggrin:

yes teaching ... all the LSE students think about that :smile:
Reply 28
elsa_89
That's kinda the same dilemma I had last year. :smile:
I was thinking about working in The City and being in a respected, well-paid career, but I couldn't help but think that making lots of money should not be my main goal, however nice it would be :p:
So I gave up on that dream and began looking into academia and further study...

well paid careers dont last too long anyway, i would like to teach and get involved in the future that way.

Latest

Trending

Trending