Turn on thread page Beta

Dilemma watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Long story but I will try and keep it short. I went out with a girl (my best mates sister) about a year ago (we shall call this girl Becky). It didn't work out well and she dumped me. Later she told me that it was a mistake and she still had feelings for me but I wasn't interested. I am good friends with her best mate now (we shall call this mate Abi), probably better mates than I am with my ex. I was going to have a night in with Abi, purely as mates, watching a couple of films. Becky found out about this but I didn't know she had found out. I went on msn earlier and my best mate started talking to me, asking me about the upcoming film night ect. I said that Abi and I were just mates, and that i had no intention of taking it further at all. My best mate kept asking me questions along the line of won't this annoy my sister ect, and I replied with, maybe but she is being overpossessive and trying to control me and its not up to her who i see. . it turned out that my best mate on msn was in fact Becky pretending to be my best mate. She went mental..even though I said I was just mates with Abi and now the proverbial sh** has hit the fan.
    I now feel angry because Becky was pretending to be my best mate to get info on me, and now she is the one saying that i'm in the wrong. Opinions and advice please. . .

ReputationRep:
    Bump?

ReputationRep:
    Is "becky" much younger?
    Also you didnt do anything wrong, so just ignore it and soon everyone will be over it...hopefully. Although if she takes everything out of context, keep calm and explain to everyone what actually happened, acting stressed out will just make this a bigger deal than it needs to be.
    I think...i might not be right.

ReputationRep:
    as Wren said if you get stressed out about it it will make things a lot worse.

Becky and you are over so even if you did have feelings for Abi it surley wouldnt matter.

ReputationRep:
    Yh. I suppose. But Abi is her best mate..And no becky isn't much younger. She is 16. But VERY moody. And because she is my best mates sister it makes it difficult if she is pissed off at me.

ReputationRep:
    It will be awkward for a while, but if you keep your cool eventually everyone will just get annoyed with Becky for not moving on and constantly putting a strain on things rather than believing a word she says.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 21, 2009
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.