Turn on thread page Beta

Calling all mixed race/black boys and girls watch

ReputationRep:
    I have to have my hair short. When I apply jel to my hair it goes shorter but not short enough for the requierment needed. when it's combed out its quite long. I was wondering if there is anything I can do to like flatten my hair ?.......

ReputationRep:
    cut it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annaconda)
    cut it?
    Other than cutting it .............

ReputationRep:
    Not sure what mix you are but I'm Black Caribbean/White and I just shave my hair off all the time .

EDIT - Ok seen black LOL.

If you're a mixed black/black lad just cut it! :P

ReputationRep:
    They say Afro hair "shrinks" when it's washed so if you wash it and leave it [don't comb it] and then add gel to increase the illusion of shortness then maybe that'll work. I'd hate to be you when it's time to comb it all out though, hehe.

I'm not sure why you don't just cut it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kammy-)
    They say Afro hair "shrinks" when it's washed so if you wash it and leave it [don't comb it] and then add gel to increase the illusion of shortness then maybe that'll work. I'd hate to be you when it's time to comb it all out though, hehe.

I'm not sure why you don't just cut it.
    Because girls prefer my hair longer , and when my hairs short I'm not as confident because my ears kinda like big , but with my hair longer you don't notice.

EDIT : As you can see in my profile picture , my ear looks dodgy. Maybe I can't take photos properly. My hair is about 1 cm longer than in the picture. But in the picture it's jelled.

ReputationRep:
    Just grow an afro. :afro: The ladies find it sexy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mastermind`)
    Just grow an afro. :afro: The ladies find it sexy.
    Lol I know girls love afro. OMG I have some baby picture of me on bebo with some sexy afro. But as much as I would love to grow my hair , I can't because air cadets rules say hair must be short and tidy.

ReputationRep:
    Trim it a bit.

(Original post by Future pilot)
    Lol I know girls love afro. OMG I have some baby picture of me on bebo with some sexy afro. But as much as I would love to grow my hair , I can't because air cadets rules say hair must be short and tidy.
    If you have time, you could grow it then get cornrows...

ReputationRep:
    I can only suggest cutting it.
    Have you tried, what about getting it in canerow?

ReputationRep:
    I wouldnt apply gel if i was you, i dont think looks that good (no offense).

Try cutting it and having it short that usually looks good, i would suggest straightening it but your hair is probably not long enough.

EDIT: your hair looks really good in your profile pic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CertifiedAngel)
    I wouldnt apply gel if i was you, i dont think looks that good (no offense).

Try cutting it and having it short that usually looks good, i would suggest straightening it but your hair is probably not long enough.

EDIT: your hair looks really good in your profile pic
    Well thank you. Thanks for all the advice also.

ReputationRep:
    Ooh it's a dilemma =/

My hair always seems a bit shorter after I wash it cause the curls tighten up..aside from that i'm not sure =[

I got sick of cutting m hair when I was about 14/15, Now it's usually in canerows, which are relatively flat I suppose, or an afro :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Future pilot)
    I have to have my hair short. When I apply jel to my hair it goes shorter but not short enough for the requierment needed. when it's combed out its quite long. I was wondering if there is anything I can do to like flatten my hair ?.......

Sorry man just seen your profile pic.

I'm sure you would look good with short hair (no homo).

ReputationRep:
    I am mixed race as well but I have very long curled hair. I don't know why you are worried about your ears ( Obama style) . Just be yourself.

ReputationRep:
    i say shave it off! shaved head is sexy (on a man)..

ReputationRep:
    Just shave it so it's at the maximum length that you're allowed to have it.

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.