I lost weight (45)
39.82%
milesofsea
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
not started at uni yet but just wanted a general idea
do people lose it agen after the first year or so?

(poll once i work out how to do it)
Deutsch_Beth
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
My brother's gf lost a stone and a half in 6 months, she says it's cause you can't afford to snack and have to walk everywhere.
RachelBabyfrog
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hall food made me put on about a stone in first year, but it fell off as soon as I wasn't living on the carby diet they provided! Cooking for myself from my second year has resulted in weight loss and I weigh less than when I started uni now.
RyanT
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I've been a bit below my weight prior to attending and a bit above as well - it actually varies with the exam cycle. Get very fit at the start of term but as exams start to hit you you're sat there nibbling biscuits and staring at pages of lecture notes. Nibbling lots of biscuits. So yes but I lose it very quickly afterwards.
Rosaaa
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I put on weight near the end of the first year.
Then I lost it over summer, lost a bit more first term of 2nd year.

But then put some on when I went back for Christmas, all the yummy food!

Trying to lose it again
jessiainscough
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I lost weight, but that's only because i played a lot of rugby. If i hadn't been playing rugby i would have put on at least a stone due to the way i was eating
bella127
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I've lost weight. Couldn't tell you why - I eat the same as I did at home, do possibly less exercise.. but none of my jeans fit anymore so!
GodspeedGehenna
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I lost weight.

**** diet and lots of walking.
milesofsea
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
pretty surprising actually seeing as the general talk i hear is that more people put on weight than lose it, if not stay the same.

does it vary with boys and girls do you think?
goodmen
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
In my first year I gained like a stone or so. But now in my second year I have lost alot, I started going to the gym regularly(which I never did before uni) and because I control my own diet now I can eat healthily.
romeosbitch
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I've gained a stone since starting uni, last year I snacked all the time and didn't eat proper meals. Plus I hardly went to uni or walk anywhere. It took me ages to realise I had put so much weight on though, it kinda snuck on.
I've been doing the weightwatchers for a month and gone veggie to make it easier to resist the 2am burgers. Losing weight is much harder than putting it on :-(

When I first went to uni i heard that you generally put on 14lbs and i just went "nah i won't do that" sadly i did!
little_green
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I lost weight because hall food was rubbish and I always skipped breakfast because of getting up late lol. Stayed the same weight for second and third years though when I sorted my own food out.
death.drop
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I lost weight because I couldn't afford to eat as often/as unhealthily and I drank less alcohol.
I probably did less exercise though as I didn't have my dog.
S
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
looking back at photos in first year, it's apparent that everyone has filled out. I started uni (september 2006) @ 50kg, I now weight 68kg.
AsystoleUK
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I did a year at university, then came back after deciding the course wasn't for me, and i'm going back in September to do something else.

I actually lost weight (walking 20 minutes to and from uni every day and being a complete FAIL of a cook), but put it back on when I came home

Can't wait to go back :P
Jillie Boe
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I lost a stone and a half in first year cos I was in catered so basically starved thanks to their small portions.

And then in 2nd and 3rd year I put it allllll back on lol
ooze
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I put on over a stone in my first year.
geetar
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Stayed the same. Which is annoying as I need to gain weight.
hannah_dru
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I fluctuate a tiny bit but I don't really change drastically to be honest. Pretty much the same.
Ariadne
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
At my uni they talk about the 'Fresher's 15' as so many people put on weight eating in halls... it worked out exactly for me, I put on 15 pounds. Not good! Have lost most of it again though, thank god...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (162)
26.78%
No (443)
73.22%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise