Living in privately-rented flat in first year Watch

jenifaar
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hey...basically, I'm trying to decide on my firm choice for uni starting in September. I currently live in Newcastle, and have offers from there and Glasgow to do medicine...and can't decide which to go to. Newcastle's course is better, but i'd really like to move out, and am unlikely to get a place in hols, until way later in the year...by which time I think it could be a bit late to meet people properly.
So Im considering (expensive as i know it could be, i'm going to need to work out a way to sort it) looking into getting a shared flat, privately, nearer to the uni than my house is now, in first year. I was just wondering if anyone had done this, or knew anyone who had...how much of a disadvantage is it to not be living in halls as a fresher? Does anyone know if uni accommodation services would help sort this out? Thanks a lot for any advice you can give me
smellslikemarmite
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Personally I wouldn't reccommend it, I lived in a privately rented in first year and I felt that I missed out.
will274
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Maybe Glasgow then?
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Buckingham
    Open Evening Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18

Do you like exams?

Yes (205)
18.65%
No (667)
60.69%
Not really bothered about them (227)
20.66%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise