Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I thought I'd see if anyone else is applying to the GSA! There doesn't seem to be many at all but hopefully there are some! If so;

What course are you applying for?
    Where are you from?

ReputationRep:
    I was going to apply, but when I went to the open day it really put me off. Everyone seemed quite stuck up tbh =P lol I applied to the other three Scottish Art schools, but I end up cancelling them all and accepting Architecture at Strathy.
    But goodluck though, if it's where u want to go. =]

ReputationRep:
    Well, I am applying to the GSA, visual communication :-)
    It was my main aim, but now I am a bit hesitant, have you seen the degree show 2008 ?
    I am not so impressed by it :-/
    Anyway, they should be sending e-mails with the interview dates these days and I am really looking forward to understand when is minee

btw, da Vinci thank you for the additional information, I changed my mind about art foundation courses and managed to apply in time to foundations at loughborough and the arts institute at bournemouth

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fender32)
    I was going to apply, but when I went to the open day it really put me off. Everyone seemed quite stuck up tbh =P lol I applied to the other three Scottish Art schools, but I end up cancelling them all and accepting Architecture at Strathy.
    But goodluck though, if it's where u want to go. =]
    Hey, ah why did people seem stuck up? I missed the main part of the open day, but the department I'm applying to seemed very friendly . Strathclyde were soooo friendly when I visited though, probably would have applied there if their product design course was more on the art side!

Thanks, good luck to you too

(Original post by curiositykilledthecat)
    Well, I am applying to the GSA, visual communication :-)
    It was my main aim, but now I am a bit hesitant, have you seen the degree show 2008 ?
    I am not so impressed by it :-/
    Anyway, they should be sending e-mails with the interview dates these days and I am really looking forward to understand when is minee

btw, da Vinci thank you for the additional information, I changed my mind about art foundation courses and managed to apply in time to foundations at loughborough and the arts institute at bournemouth
    oo finally someone else applying to GSA on TSR! I never did see the degree show last year, what was it like? I do get the impression GSA's reputation is bigger than the work coming out of it sometimes.

Good luck for your interviews and no problem about the additional information . What did you change your mind about regarding the courses you applied to?

ReputationRep:
    oo finally someone else applying to GSA on TSR! I never did see the degree show last year, what was it like? I do get the impression GSA's reputation is bigger than the work coming out of it sometimes.
    That`s my biggest concern! It was my very top choice because of the lovely city, the big reputation and the lack ot tuition fees for EU students. Anyway, if the reputation turns out to be an overstatement that would really weaken my position. Here are links for parts of the degree shows :
    http://www.gsa.ac.uk/gsa.cfm?pid=579 , http://www.flickr.com/photos/ghostsc...7605683683532/ & http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/...ture=335088364

I changed my mind about art foundations because it will give me much better orientation about the different universities, it would be an interesting experience as well. Thanks to the forum I came to the conclusion that the chance of being accepted to your first choice is bigger if you have gone through it. The GSA programmes are 4 years too, so nothing is lost :-) It may even turn out to be the better opportunity because it will help me for the choice for a university, I live about 2500 km away and my whole orientation is based on this forum and the university guides. All in all, it will be a difficult decision when all the outcomes are clear :-)

da Vinci, which are offers are you considering ?

ReputationRep:
    I am going to study at GSA too. Architecture.
    Nice to meet you guys. This forum is wonderful. I'm so happy.

ReputationRep:
    That`s my biggest concern! It was my very top choice because of the lovely city, the big reputation and the lack ot tuition fees for EU students. Anyway, if the reputation turns out to be an overstatement that would really weaken my position. Here are links for parts of the degree shows :
    http://www.gsa.ac.uk/gsa.cfm?pid=579 , http://www.flickr.com/photos/ghostsc...7605683683532/ & http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/...ture=335088364

I changed my mind about art foundations because it will give me much better orientation about the different universities, it would be an interesting experience as well. Thanks to the forum I came to the conclusion that the chance of being accepted to your first choice is bigger if you have gone through it. The GSA programmes are 4 years too, so nothing is lost :-) It may even turn out to be the better opportunity because it will help me for the choice for a university, I live about 2500 km away and my whole orientation is based on this forum and the university guides. All in all, it will be a difficult decision when all the outcomes are clear :-)

da Vinci, which are offers are you considering ?
    The city is lovely and the reputation is great! My only thoughts now are about the actual work coming out of Glasgow compared to some of my other choices really.

That is very true. Entry into the second year seems really competitive compared to just going into the first year. Tell me how everything goes! So you applied to loughborough, the arts institute at bournemouth and glasgow. Did you apply to anywhere else?

At the moment I'm really considering Glasgow as my choice, but I'm also considering Northumbria because the work from their degree show was really amazing and the course seems good. It doesn't have the international reputation as Glasgow but I don't know if I should think about that too much. Central Saint Martins also seems great, so I'm not quite sure! probably Glasgow, just the work that comes out puts me off slightly!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by svilenov)
    I am going to study at GSA too. Architecture.
    Nice to meet you guys. This forum is wonderful. I'm so happy.
    Hey nice to meet you! I'm happy to have found some people applying or going to GSA!

Where are you from? where else did you apply? and out of interest why GSA? have you applied for accommodation yet/ :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Hi , I am from Sofia Bulgaria and I've just been accepted in GSA.
    My insurance choice is Northumbria. The other 3 unis have kicked me out of the game (Manchester, Sheffield and Cardiff) But GSA suits me perfectly - small community, only art courses, nice city, smaller fees, good reputation. I like it.

ahhhm accomodation - not yet, but sooner or later I have to do something. Frankly, I don't know anything about accomodation in Glasgow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by svilenov)
    Hi , I am from Sofia Bulgaria and I've just been accepted in GSA.
    My insurance choice is Northumbria. The other 3 unis have kicked me out of the game (Manchester, Sheffield and Cardiff) But GSA suits me perfectly - small community, only art courses, nice city, smaller fees, good reputation. I like it.

ahhhm accomodation - not yet, but sooner or later I have to do something. Frankly, I don't know anything about accommodation in Glasgow.
    cool. I did really love northumbria! I think you've probably made the right choices! I do think GSA will be number 1 for me as well but I'm not 100 percent sure on it yet :yep:. I do love the city, building, reputation etc!

Yeah, I'm gonna phone or email them soon about accommodation to see what is going on. The other universities seemed to have emailed accommodation packs but GSA haven't.

ReputationRep:
    Hi all i am also an 09 applicant i have applied to do fine art printmaking
    i too like some of you havn't heard back from them yet, i know people who have applied and have recieved emails something i am yet to recieve and havnt recieved a letter in the post yet arghhhh the wait is killing me! 5 weeks iv'e been waiting now

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I arranged a telephone interview (I`m not a UK resident), it is on the 21st - after one week :woo:
    theearliesman, actually I haven`t received my letter too, but anyway I had to phone them in order to discuss and choose the date. I guess you have already received yours but if not - you can phone them, they won`t mind (they answer e-mails slowly)
    I am going to tell you if there was anything specific and different about the questions as soon as it passes. Good luck to everyone :-)

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I am also applying to the GSA, happy to find this forum!
    I am a foreign student and I will have a telephone interview in a few days.
    Can anybody tell me how long does it take and what kind of question they ask?
    As my english is not that good for the moment I would like to prepare a little my interview.
    Thank you for your help

ReputationRep:
    Drynn,
    My telephone interview was arranged for the 21st, but nobody called - after I asked for the reason, they sent me an e-mail that all telephone interviews are going to be rearranged - all of them would take place on the 1st May, I am posting you one of the e-mails :

The department wanted to put all of the telephone interviews on the same afternoon as they don't have access to the phone or a laptop in the interview room at the moment. I'm really sorry to have to rearrange it at such short notice but if the 1st May is ok for you please let me know.
    I just can`t understand why they do not warn us before the initial arranged date, it is so much nerves and anxiety! So, better call them, your interview won`t take place either if it is before the 1st.
    From what I have heard and read I think that the telephone interview is about 10, maximum 20 minutes. da Vinci and summer09 : ) were so nice to tell what generally they were asked at their interviews: Why GSA ? Why you have chosen this course ? About favourite artist/ designers, exhibitions you have visited, favourite work from your portfolio.

btw, Which course are you applying to ? Wish you good luck !
    P.S. your avatar/picture is aweeesome !

ReputationRep:
    From what I have heard and read I think that the telephone interview is about 10, maximum 20 minutes. da Vinci and summer09 : ) were so nice to tell what generally they were asked at their interviews: Why GSA ? Why you have chosen this course ? About favourite artist/ designers, exhibitions you have visited, favourite work from your portfolio.
    Aw thanks it has really been no problem! I hope your interview goes well when it does happen!

(Original post by Drynn)
    Hi,
    I am also applying to the GSA, happy to find this forum!
    I am a foreign student and I will have a telephone interview in a few days.
    Can anybody tell me how long does it take and what kind of question they ask?
    As my english is not that good for the moment I would like to prepare a little my interview.
    Thank you for your help
    Hey as well as what has been said above, they could also ask a question like - where do you see yourself in 5 years?

If I am to give advice, I would say to give answers that really show you are dedicated to your subject. Mention if you've been to exhibitions and museums and say how they have helped your work, that you made notes on the work you've seen and that Glasgow's culture will help you with the way you work.

There are no right or wrong answers and everything I have advised is from my personal experience, so yours could be different, but hopefully it helps a bit!

ReputationRep:
    Hello everybody,
    do you have any idea when will gsa give us the result? i just can't wait...At the interview they said that it will be another 3-4weeks but according to the Applicant Guidelines it supposed to be posted on the ucas at the 8th of may..
    Good luck :-)

ReputationRep:
    Well, I had my interview on the 1st and he said that the decisions will be made in two weeks :-/ But I still have the hope that everything will be clear till 8th because of the UCAS deadlines :-)
    What are you applying to ?

ReputationRep:
    This wait is killing me lol, surely they'll have to let UCAS know by friday of their decision...

I've applied to textiles, had my interview on the 23rd, think it went quite well. It was good to get some feedback on my work. I also applied to 2 colleges to do a foundation/portfolio prep course, but weirdly i thought the art school interview went better.
    What about yourself curiositykilledthecat/fokakommando? What are yous applying to? How did you feel the interview went?

ReputationRep:
    The interview went soo smoothly, the interviewer was very kind and nice which helped me to stay calm (this is not typical for me )
    I am applying to Visual Communication, but I am a bit pessimistic about getting in :erm: So I guess I will go to Loughborough for a foundation course if GSA reject me

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everyonee! curiositykilledthecat - Glad to know your interview went smoothly. How did everyone else's interviews go?

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.