Futhur Maths worth given up all your free time for? Watch

zazamak
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
In my 6th form, furthur maths isnt considered the "4th subject" but instead is an extra subject which you compensate for by doing it by giving up all your free perios. Yeah it's good to have it

but the thing is i don't know waht i want to do defo for a career....im no way gonna be computer scienctist, physicists or engineer....so is it worth giving up so much free time for as a 5th subject?:confused:
Champagne Supernova
Badges: 20
Report 9 years ago
It will certainly help you stand out from the crowd (slightly).

But, you have to ask this question yourself! For me, it's about giving up time after school, and so, in my opinion I think it's worth it.
Maybe, see how you cope with it at first, then after a while, if you're struggling, you can drop it!

It's all up to you!
KSP
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Depends, do you enjoy doing maths?
Nico_SU
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I wouldn't.

Your going to need some chillaxing time and if it's not what your going to need, then don't do it.
If your not thinking about a top 5 uni then I wouldn't bother with it. Use your frees to maximise your potential in your other subjects with time left over for social stuff.
Mithra
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm doing 5 A-levels (6 including GS) and have 6 frees a fortnight, but 3 lunchtime lessons, and don't feel overworked at all. In fact I haven't done any hwk this week . I guess its up to you entirely really.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Performance Design and Practice Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?