Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Whether or not you must state your AS level grades depends on the system your school goes by. Some schools certificate their AS level grades during the summer when your results come out - in this case you must declare your grades on your form. Other schools (mine included) do not certificate the grades until the year after i.e. they are certificated when the A-level grades out i.e. both the AS grades and A-level grades are certificated at the same time. My school does this because once you certificate an AS level grade you can not improve your AS grade through the retaking of modules, you can only add on extra marks from improved retakes to your overall A-level grades.

And yes, your referee must include your A-level predictions in the reference section of the form.

ReputationRep:
    I am presently at the stage where my UCAS form has been sent off and I am waiting to hear back from the unis I have applied to (Imperial, King's, Oxford & UCL for medicine). I got 10A*s in my GCSEs and I'm doing my A-levels right now (bio, chem, maths & physics - dropped AS french). I'm going through a very stressful time right now i.e. enjoy year 12 while it lasts

Lucy getting 10 A Stars = I am a worthless loser.

ReputationRep:
    Don't say that - you will realise somewhere along the line of your application to oxbridge that the number of stars you get will pretty much be irrelevant - getting into oxbridge really is a lottery so I would be content with your grades as they are definitely up to oxbridge standard, and that is all that matters right? The rest is up to a lot of other factors like your interview

Lucy getting 10 A Stars = I am a worthless loser.
    lottery = minimal cahnce
    therefore zero chance with my worthless crappy grades.
    thanks for that lucy, i feel fab now.

ReputationRep:
    If you are silly enough to think that 5A*s and 5As are worthless grades then maybe you shouldn't be applying to oxbridge then... what I mean is that there are plenty of people who achieve equivalent (and worse) grades at GCSE who still get in and are not disadvantaged at all in the application process due to a variety of other factors.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.