Need to get fitness up Watch

acid8000
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I realised yesterday how I've gone from the fittest I've ever been in my life last summer to a sloth with no stamina. It's a shame I didn't commit to boxing because I was a beast. :rolleyes:

Anyway, has anyone got a program or something they can recommend to me? I really want to get fit so I can play some sports in uni.
modini
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Maybe go running every morning? Or swimming or something... they'll increase your stamina.
acid8000
Rep:
?
(Original post by i-Citizen)
play football... every weekend and maybe try fitting in running or swimming in the weekdays, basic really.
Lol, might be able to tell I'm not a big footy fan. Guess I'll just do a lot of running and jump rope then. Cheers anyway guys.
Alive
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Define what you mean by fitness, please.
LooieENG
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Go running every day while it's sunny.
acid8000
Rep:
?
(Original post by Alive)
Define what you mean by fitness, please.
I think it's pretty obvious I mean cardiovascular. Please don't be a smart arse.
Rainy
Badges: 2
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by lnjames)
I think it's pretty obvious I mean cardiovascular. Please don't be a smart arse.
He's not. There are more physical skills than cardiovascular endurance; there are more energy systems than the oxidative aerobic pathway.

To answer your question: variation. Train several times a week - mixing up distance and speed in traditional 'cardio', interval and sprint training (Google HIIT), and resistance training through bodywork, gymnastic exercises and/or weight lifting.
kultist
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Start boxing again, it will help you get fit and it will motivate you to get fitter.
ByronicHero
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by kultist)
Start boxing again, it will help you get fit and it will motivate you to get fitter.
this.

plus, you must be aquainted with the wonders of the skipping rope.
acid8000
Rep:
?
(Original post by paddy__power)
this.

plus, you must be aquainted with the wonders of the skipping rope.
Yep! Will fork out £2 this week for one. :rolleyes:

Edit: Congrats on the slam!
ByronicHero
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yep! Will fork out £2 this week for one. :rolleyes:

Edit: Congrats on the slam!

thanks XDXDDXD

and yea, i used to use a cheap one from tesco

good luck
Bateman
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I find myself in the same situation, i went from the fittest i've ever been, to average.

Although i've started jump roping again, that should prepare me for a summer of training.
Colesy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I realised yesterday how I've gone from the fittest I've ever been in my life last summer to a sloth with no stamina. It's a shame I didn't commit to boxing because I was a beast. :rolleyes:

Anyway, has anyone got a program or something they can recommend to me? I really want to get fit so I can play some sports in uni.
HIIT is your friend if you're talking cardio.

I went from playing footy a good 3-4 times a week regularly to playing once a week on a good week..

I've vowed to get my fitness back though and I've been doing the old school suicide runs to work on my cardio HIIT wise.

3 weeks since I started and I already feel a lot better, nowhere near my previous best, but I really know how it is when you start running again following a hiatus of cardio and you just feel like ****.

So yeah, HIIT is what I'd recommend, really effective, even if it makes you feel dead LOL.
FiveFiveSix
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Bergan, 25kgs, boots, road, crack on.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (47)
29.19%
No - I got the required grades (94)
58.39%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (20)
12.42%

Watched Threads