Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone.
    I have been shaving *down there* since October and had months of no problems. then i bought an electric shaver and got really bad shaving rash. It was bright red and hot. Ever since then I have had ingrowing hairs and bad rash at the very outside.
    So... what can I do at the moment to help me get rid of the rash/ingrowing hairs?
    How long do you have to wait for your hair to grow to get it waxed?
    I am sure I shaved aganist the grain which made me have ingrowing hair.

ReputationRep:
    Shaving Balm? thats pretty good.

ReputationRep:
    Savlon or E45 will help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rebeccaa)
    Hello everyone.
    I have been shaving *down there* since October and had months of no problems. then i bought an electric shaver and got really bad shaving rash. It was bright red and hot. Ever since then I have had ingrowing hairs and bad rash at the very outside.
    So... what can I do at the moment to help me get rid of the rash/ingrowing hairs?
    How long do you have to wait for your hair to grow to get it waxed?
    I am sure I shaved aganist the grain which made me have ingrowing hair.

give it 4 weeks, and go get a professional wax- you'll see the difference! i've made the same mistake so dw

ReputationRep:
    eeek! I thought you were supposed to shave against the grain...
    Anyone who has had a professional wax, how was it?

ReputationRep:
    It is not itchy I just want the redness to go away.
    I can not wait four weeks for a wax.... I work as a promotions lady and for the next few weeks I get painted and walk around in the nude... we can not have hair, painter says we have to get rid of if (even arm hair).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelpie)
    eeek! I thought you were supposed to shave against the grain...
    Anyone who has had a professional wax, how was it?
    I waited five days for the hair to grow, the lady said she could do some of my hair, it would hurt a lot because it was so short, it did hurt, kind of wanted her to stop.

ReputationRep:
    I can not wait four weeks for a wax.... I work as a promotions lady and for the next few weeks I get painted and walk around in the nude... we can not have hair, painter says we have to get rid of if (even arm hair).
    Phwoar! I say, mrs! :drool:

ReputationRep:
    what does against the grain mean? like a field?

ReputationRep:
    wtf? elaborate.

ReputationRep:
    Don't use an electric shaver down there! Wet shave with a gentle, sensitive (aloe vera) shaving gel should do the trick. Take care, don't hurt yourself

ReputationRep:
    Is shaving against the grain not ok? *confused now*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the Alyx)
    Don't use an electric shaver down there! Wet shave with a gentle, sensitive (aloe vera) shaving gel should do the trick. Take care, don't hurt yourself
    Off topic...voted for your design, it's fab. I LOVE the ER-6n, my ex has one and I love it sooo much. It's a good ride :p:

ReputationRep:

I live there, surely you must be someone better than the vodka angels who are downright rude

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sharpesparkle)
    Off topic...voted for your design, it's fab. I LOVE the ER-6n, my ex has one and I love it sooo much. It's a good ride :p:
    Thank you so much :woo: I appreciate it a lot
    ER-6N Rules

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigman_ben)

I live there, surely you must be someone better than the vodka angels who are downright rude
    I am not sure what they are... i work in manchester... it is a one of job

ReputationRep:
    they dance about a bit on the stage in o2 academy and never, ever speak to any of the rest of the staff such as me and others. I'm basically bitter because they give sweets to drunken idiots and not me

ReputationRep:
    Should've gone with the grain, much lower chances of irritation forming.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigman_ben)
    they dance about a bit on the stage in o2 academy and never, ever speak to any of the rest of the staff such as me and others. I'm basically bitter because they give sweets to drunken idiots and not me
    Promotions girls seem to be dogs in most clubs dont worry about it. prob on crack in a few years. (Mine is a one of job)

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone recommend a good way to remove the hair? I can not wait for it to grow and need to hairless every wednesday and friday.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 22, 2009
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.