Turn on thread page Beta

What action do you think I should take? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I know I already wrote about this on the Official Tracking Progress thread but it's really starting to wind me up. I've mentioned a couple of times about my tutor and how he's not pulling out his finger to aid me in my application to UCAS. Basically I started my UCAS application in September, I informed him and he said he'd help me some time in tutorial, however I got so bored of waiting and having already had previous knowledge of applying to UCAS I started myself. While doing this I kept reminding him that I would need a reference to which he always replied, "I'm doing it" "It's nearly done" "I'll bring it in for next tutorial".

Now I always do my Sociology homework and I participate in class, but he doesn't seem to be doing his homework. I successfully finished my UCAS form with a bit of proof reading help from our Careers centre, brought in my cheque, my stamp took down my number for future reference, having already given him the name, address, telephone number with exstension for my tutor at my previous college, shown him examples of my work with comments (all of which I photocopied for him outta my own money) and informing him of my teachers all before half term, he still hasn't even started my reference!!!!!! It's really P'ing me off, I've put in all this effort because I finally decided to go to University and I've spent a lot of time and effort on my personal statement and he can't be bothered to even start my reference. The other day he said it was because he had to mark A2 Sociology coursework, which is funny when the 2 year Sociology course at my college doesn't have coursework. Should I confront him or should I make a formal complaint, it's really annoying me because I want to get it over and done with, not to mention the fact I'm the only single person in his 2 tutorial classes that is applying to UCAS. Any suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    Can you get someone else to write your reference and get him just to sign it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kildare)
    Can you get someone else to write your reference and get him just to sign it?
    I already asked if I could get my previous tutor to sign it but the college refused and said if I didn't use my referee as my form tutor they would not back up anything I've written down about my qualifications etc...well not in such blackmail terms...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danithestudent)
    I already asked if I could get my previous tutor to sign it but the college refused and said if I didn't use my referee as my form tutor they would not back up anything I've written down about my qualifications etc...well not in such blackmail terms...
    Perhaps ask your referee if one of your other teachers could write your reference (as he is so clearly snowed under with work) and if he would be as kind as to sign it for you. Maybe :\

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kildare)
    Perhaps ask your referee if one of your other teachers could write your reference (as he is so clearly snowed under with work) and if he would be as kind as to sign it for you. Maybe :\
    Lol snowed under, I think he just can't be bothered he never brings our homework back in I've had 1 piece back from 10 (it was an A wooho )and all the sociology a2s are the same, my mate had him last year and she said that he puts things off and then rushes them, I don't want my UCAS reference to be rushed I spent ages on my personal statement...s'not fair

Be a little more forceful with your nudging. You sound like a really sweet girl, but he might think youre a bit of a pushover if you are too sweet with him. Just say 'im worried that getting it in late will make the unis seem like im not that bothered' or sumthing like that and he should get the picture.

If he still does it make a complaint. I spose im really lucky with mine. I handed it in to my tutor and in a week it was sent off.

ReputationRep:
    LOl thanks everybody i'm gonna go make onion rings now
    and I WILL shout at him tomorrow

Don't shout at him or he will make your reference sound bad. Make a formal complaint and ask if you can get someone else to write it.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2003
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.